Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've not really read more than maybe one or two mangas so far, but I have multiple shelves full of anime dvd and that is just the little part that I could manage to buy.
    Can't relate to you tatsu, manga never really were much fun to me. When reading books I prefer books with 99% text, so I did read for example some light novels of anime that ended way too early (can't wait for the next spice and wolf book).
    Manga have some text and some quick drawings. Either all text or all pretty drawings in animated form. I just don't get warm with the middle usually.
    websterx01 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/anime-manga.4757/page-39#post-1076979 :p
  3. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Naruto's pretty good.

It has it's flaws but...well i've yet to be blown away by something truly perfect.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

cowboy bebop the anime was perfect to me ;)

as for current manga ... still reading one piece ... which kinda lost some steam with the latest arc i feel ...
    also god knows why i am reading friggin fairy tail ...
    and then there is attack on titan ... which has a lot of bla bla ...

i don't know there isn't a manga or anime that realy graps me currently ...

is full metal alchemist worth watching?
    i need something that is easy to watch and does't outstay its welcome ...
    Last edited: March 24, 2015
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Considering Brotherhood is 64 episodes long it can "out-stay it's welcome" due to sheer length but I do feel that if it happens it's strictly due to the length as opposed to poor pacing/story or other issues like that.

Mike
  6. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Cowboy bebop?

One piece is something i took a look at but don't know what to think.

I'm currently reading the Naruto manga. it's weird, i like the manga for being quite to-the point, yet at many times it feels like it's moving a bit too fast. And the anime does it's best to fill those gaps in the story (which it often does very well) and yet at times feels too drawn-out. Also, the Manga is much more Naruto-centric whereas the Anime does it's best to explore the side-characters too.

I'm not sure if this counts but.. is Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra anime? does it belong here? cause both are awesome.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

avatar is rather considered animated series than anime (and i sure as heck don't want to say cartoon)
    but who cares i don't see any damage done mentioning it ... because yes it is that good ...

@KNight now 64 episodes doesn't sound like THAT much considering how many naruto dbz and one piece have .. guess i'll check it out ...
  8. tatsujb

you deserved that like.

go watch it!
    MrTBSC likes this.
  9. tatsujb

Fire Punch

am I right?

EDIT : oh wait.... fair warning: it's really fuckked up. 18 or over only and even then. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are morally tough. this will take a toll on you.
  10. tatsujb

you don't like manga?
  11. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I've been a SUPER weeaboo kick lately, if we want the thread to die I can not post about it. Otherwise I can probably eke out a couple pages of discussion just from what I've seen/read in the last couple weeks.

EDIT
    I just polished off Berserk so I'm looking for something new.

I absolutely HATE rape though. The few series I enjoy with it in had to be insanely good to make up for having rape included. Is it rapey?
  12. tatsujb

well it doesn't show any but sometimes it's implied it's gonna go down that road.

like I said it's fuckked.
  13. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Not an anime persay, but I just stayed up last night for 7 hours going through Doki Doki Literature Club. Absolutely amazing.
  14. arseface

How on earth did that take you seven hours? Did you manually sift through the thing with Yuri?
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I played it with a group of like 6 people or so, and we read out a lot of the dialogue.
  16. arseface

That'd do it.