Human Resources, Start it again?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by atharol, January 18, 2015.

?

Do you want Uber Entertainment to focus on Human resources?

1. No, The game is dead to me now.

1.5%
  2. No, They need to focus on planetary annihilation..

25.4%
  3. Yes!!! Shut up and take my money!

70.1%
  4. No, The game was a bad idea from the start.

3.0%
  1. Jagdfox

Jagdfox New Member

Just think UBER! These few replies represent only a tiny handful of people who didn't know about this game in the making and actually say they would would love to see it come to completion (most people are just too lazy/complacent to share their opinion; nod their heads and keep browsing) . Get the word out there about it and I bet it would have a a decent fan base/supporter group (I'd defiantly tell me buddies who're into RTS games about it if it restarts). All you have to do is implement what you show in trailers and deliver what you promise in interviews and fans of the hype will have nothing to gripe about. Don't pull a No Mans Sky and hold back on the discussed features and people can't gripe about being miss led. I'm sure it would be a good investment, if only interested parties know about it. I know advertising can be expensive and a lof of work, but getting the word out there through conventional adverts or social media really gets the fanball rolling, and I'll help if you give the thumbs up on this.

Here's to hoping you complete this game, or other games of similar epic scale and succeed creating renown icons of RTS gaming.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you are basically telling them what they more or less did already with PA ..
    during the PA kickstarter they tried the hell out to get word of mouth spread on that game .. as @KNight said before
    human resources success on its kickstarter was killed because of bad timing and PA lacking on release in which case people weren´t trustfull of uber .. PA was however no nomans sky dissaster ...
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I think the thing is RTS games just don't survive anymore. Look at big name RTS games, dying instantly. Faster than PA even! Grey Goo had nearly no players only months after it released. (And PA:T AND PA still both have more players than it) I hear nothing of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak despite it being a freakin' Homeworld game! Right now it just looks like RTS games are doomed to have no players. Everyone is too interested in competitive shooters, along with the arena shooters rising again, if someone wants their fix of something that resembles an RTS they play a MOBA like Dota or League. There sadly just isn't any interest in RTS games right now.
    tatsujb likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

weither the upcoming arena shooters remain succesfull remains to be seen .. quake:champions and ut 4 are not even in a releasestate yet and any arenalike shooter before suffered the same fate as recent rts titles ..
    nexuiz - dead
    devil daggers - dead
    loadout - dead
    toxikk - dead
    strike vektor - dead

let´s face it if you aren´t a big name or have a big ip making a clone with no new unique content your game will be dead on arival .. and even then (see strike vektor) some of it may turn out too niche that you risk the same consequence ...

the answer to most of it of course would be PR .. but who but the richest companies do have the money to do that ? ...
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm not talking about just pure arena shooters. I'm including things like Overwatch, Lawbreakers, and maaaaybe even cs into the mix.

The only problem now is any team based afps is getting called an OW clone.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Monday Night Combat came waay earlier, OW is a clone of it. I mean, look at Super MNC, look at Veteran and then look at Roadhog. C'MON.
  8. Zachattack525

Zachattack525 New Member

Maybe this should be under the thread for Uber Entertainment?