palobby.com shutdown DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by nosebreaker, September 24, 2017.

1. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Sorry to see you go . Thank you for all the time and money you have put in Take care.
  2. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Basically what nosebreaker said. Thanks for all the work you've put into PA, (Also on the behalf of the entire legion team). You did some amazing stuff. I wish you the best for whatever you move onto in the future and again thanks for sticking with us the community for this long.
    cola_colin, tunsel11, river39 and 2 others like this.
  3. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Oh no! What?? Why??
    Do you need more money? Or what could stop the shutdown? Is this really the end?

(Of course thanks for what you did in past!)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

sad sad sad cry
    theiban likes this.
  4. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

5. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Ohh... Thank you Mikeyh for all stuff and time you spend in PA, you have work to make our experience game much more funniest and epic! !

- Bonne route pour la suite - from NW clan ;)
    theiban likes this.
  6. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

Oh that sucks :(. Thanks for everything you've done for the PA community.
  7. recoil345

recoil345 Active Member

We sincerely hope that the letter we wrote to Uber has nothing to do with this. If it does, we deeply regret it. In fact, we regret it regardless. On behalf of our entire clan, it was a stupid stupid thing that happened between us, and we want to apologize for it, for what it's worth. We were looking forward to a lot of your upcoming work, and the news that it will now never materialize comes as a shock and a blow to us...

This is very sad news, and we hope you come back to the game in due time.
  8. flubbateios

flubbateios Active Member

That's very unfortunate :(

I hope you will come back to pa in the future; the things that you hosted and developed were integral and they boosted both the popularity of tournaments and the base game.

Thanks for putting so much time and effort into PA and good luck.
    river39 likes this.
  9. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Hey mate

First of all. Thanks for all the effort time and money you've put in the PA scene. This game has significantly improved under your watch and Uber should be thanking you for it.

It's time for uber to make some decisions about letting this bleed out or taking over some of the work (or costs or both) of mikeyh. Expect complaints as soon as these services go down because a lot of good content goes down with it. I hope te gilet at least a response @jables

@mikeyh what is going to happen to your work? Will it be kept with you or Uber or are you planning to share it in some kind of repository somewhere for future interested peeps?

Anyways thanks for everything! Get some rest (maybe a good holiday with the money? ) and bloody hell give that eye a good rest.

One more thing. Where can I contact you incase I need help or advise about something? Private message me incase you don't want it public.

Talk to you soon again and hit me up if you're interested in some FFA funsies. I can always schedule some time to annihilate you hehe. Good times! (gives manhug)
  10. kolorafa

kolorafa New Member

Hi mikeyh,

Thanks for your hard work and support you gave me in the past.

If it's about the money please create/post a patreon (or any other subscription) where I (and others) can sign up to donate to your project monthly, paypal is nice, but it's easier to lose track of donations and/or forget about that basic stuff to donate periodically.
  11. river39

river39 Active Member

Its asame you are going, you have done some amazing work for the PA community. i hope your work can be preserved.
    theiban and flubbateios like this.
  12. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Thanks for your amazing work! Without you, the game would never have been the same! ;)
  13. robomoo

robomoo Member

The Cult is willing to take over the running of as many of these services as possible, as long as mikey or someone else helps us with the technical side of them, with the understanding that we will return them fully to the control of their original owners should they ever choose to return.
  14. kolorafa

kolorafa New Member

Count me in for "technical" (server) stuff, but still (at least for transition) it would be nice to get mikeyh or some plugin developer help.
    loren88888888 likes this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This is very sad news for PA. Thanks @mikeyh for being as dedicated as you were to PA for this long.

I hope a replacement will be found to provide at least minimal continued support to some of the things that have existed on your back for so long.
    nosebreaker likes this.
  16. chrisjshull

chrisjshull Member

@mikeyh, thanks for all you have done!

I'd love to know more about what can be done to keep these services up.
  17. chrisjshull

chrisjshull Member

... like, if it's a money thing how much would it take to keep it up another month, so we can look at more percent transition plans?
  18. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

A
    You can check it on the wiki page if you want more info but approximately 150 to 250 dollars each month.
  19. lordzoldukus

lordzoldukus New Member

Wow, RIP PA. I played for so long. It's sad to see it go like this ; (
  20. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Thanks for your work and thanks for being in the community, Mikey.

See ya.
    theiban likes this.
  21. chrisjshull

chrisjshull Member

theiban likes this.