Can we pretty please get some new maps

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterminja, September 3, 2017.

1. masterminja

masterminja New Member

Pretty much title, like there are so many great player made maps to chose from. Pretty stale to have the same since the very beginning. Pretty please.
    Clopse likes this.
  2. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Just click on random system and there u have
  3. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

They probably and most likely mean ladder maps? I agree to that. Like 20 tournament maps the community agree on. Wouldnt imagine it being to hard. And reset ladder and whatever Mickey Mouse point system they are using. Oh and add decay
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Mikeyh claims that legal issues are preventing him from adding community maps to ladder.
    Clopse likes this.
  5. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

It sounds more and more like we need a community ladder/balance supported in game.
  6. jables

jables Uber Employee

He's right unfortunately. This was an Uber call, and where as we aren't super happy about it, we are small enough to have to be careful with legal stuff. @mikeyh and many others have fought to get them in, and their reasoning is dead on, but as a company we have to be careful and listen to our lawyers, which as a player as well, sucks.
    Remy561, Quitch, ljfed and 3 others like this.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I'm not a lawyer so don't understand the logic behind it, but really appreciate your openness. Thanks.
    ljfed, stuart98 and flubbateios like this.
  8. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

I wonder if uber could outsource hire an "intern" of one of us and that person makes some maps, makes sure they work out okay and then gives them over to uber and they could add those into the ladder...
    stuart98 and gmase like this.
  9. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Yep that sounds legally easy. That intern could even take inspiration and the seed from other players' maps to have it even easier... Don't think I'll ever see a trial about PA map plagiarism :)
  10. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

its risk management I am not sure about using the same seed but certainly inspired could be done and I think they could host a volunteer testing group with some players to make sure they play well. main thing I think is who created the maps. but I know the uber team is pretty busy to make new maps and ensure they work but risk wise can't just take community content.