[Tourney] Andreas G Casual 7 Legion - on Sat 2 September @ 18:00 UTC

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by exodusesports, September 1, 2017.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the seventh edition of the most casual tournament in the history of humankind! Sign-up if you want to participate in a fun event filled with amazing people. It’s a Casual and you’re welcome to join no matter your ability or experience. New players are definitely welcome and we encourage you to use this as a chance to dip your toes into the tournament waters.

Format : 5 round 1V1 Swiss- Legion/Titans
    CASUAL TOURNAMENT – GOLD RANKED PLAYERS AND LOWER ONLY

SIGN-UP CASUAL

This will be the second Casual which uses the Legion Expansion, allowing players to try their luck as the Legion rather than the MLA if they prefer. Or play both!

Make sure you check the tournament requirements and download the necessary mods from Community Mods. You need to join the community chat tournaments channel on time. If you want to make it a more social experience you can also join the PA Community Centre Discord where a lot of participants are going to hang out, trash talk (in a friendly way) and have fun

Play as both MLA and the new Legion faction

Expected Runtime: 3 – 5 hours (depending on players)

Matches will take place on maps from the eXodus eSports Tournament Map Pack which you can find in the Community Mods.

MAP ORDER:
    Round 1: TheClassyBarren
    Round 2: The Reef
    Round 3: OvercookedPizza
    Round 4: Closair
    Round 5: Tundra

TL;DR Rules
    • Get eXodus eSports Tournament Map Pack / Legion Expansion
    • Join the tournaments room in Community Chat 30 min before start and stay connected throughout the tournament
    • Following all tournament staff instructions
    • Have Fun!
    CASTERS WELCOME (contact @proeleert or AndreasG at least more then 1 hour before start)
    stuart98, flubbateios and river39 like this.
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Great!

...alas

Ffs. No map variety in these tournaments.

Not so great...
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Kind of the point when it comes to these casual tournaments...
  4. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I just want to point out that these players are not casual. Casual players don't sign up for tournaments. They barely even know tournaments exist.

Being an inferior player is not the same thing as being a casual player. I wish you guys at the top realized that at some point. Calling us casuals is an insult.
  5. icycalm

6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

It is precisely because it is casual that you should embrace unfamiliar maps.
    I refuse to believe that of all the maps made only 2% are worthy of play in Andreas organised tournaments.

It is stale.
    Heizmeister and stuart98 like this.
  7. gitaxian

gitaxian Member

You've got your own made-up definition of "casual" that has nothing to do with how other people use it. "Casual" is not an insult. It just means you play for fun rather than to prove how good you are at the game.
    Quitch likes this.
  8. icycalm

Everyone plays for fun. That's why we use the verb "to play". No one plays for sadness.

And I play to prove how good I am at the game. It's just that I am not very good, but not for lack of trying.

I am not a casual player, and neither is anyone entering this tournament.
  9. icycalm

If someone played PA 10 hours a day every day and could still not get higher than Gold, would you guys still call him casual?

You would, because you have no idea what these words mean.

The reason we have words like "bad" (or "inferior", or "mediocre") and "casual" is because they don't mean the same thing.
  10. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Are we really having a debate on this forum over the term casual. Nit pick much?
    lulamae likes this.
  11. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I understand and accept what they meant by the title. I joined and had a great time. Everything seemed to run very smoothly. Well done!
  12. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Who won btw?
  13. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Corgi won without dropping a game.
  14. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Congrats to nomega!
  15. icycalm

Sup guys, I just wanted to let you know that I think that the near-autistic level of formality with which you operate your events has been strangling the PA competitive scene for years now. You turned every player who doesn't love 1v1s away from the scene by refusing to run any proper team events after the end of Clan Wars a full two years ago. You turned away the entire Oceanian demographic by refusing to run any events during times that would be convenient to them. You flooded your website with boring events to the point where no one who doesn't already know about it can even find your best event -- the Clan Wars -- on your website without spending 15 minutes specifically looking for it. You made such dumb graphics to promote your subsequent events that you are forcing people to see BEER MUGS as the first thing they see when they visit a site about sci-fi real-time strategy. You are such lousy louts that you are not ashamed to TROLL other people's events by impersonating other members of the community and never apologize for it. You call people who sign up to your events CASUALS and then you wonder why the scene dies. You steal people's ideas for events without giving them credit, and bungle their ideas too in the process (the "Clan Wars Showdown" was MY idea: I suggested it in a Clan Wars thread, as the final match in Clan Wars, with the result counting in the Clan Wars leaderboard for some bonus points, and Quitch took my idea months after I had quit his events and used it without mentioning my name once, but only after having bungled it by making its result irrelevant in the long run, since it gave no points to Clan Wars participants).

Thank you for listening to my constructive feedback, and I will be sure to return to this thread and every other thread you make forever from now on and repeat these criticisms ad nauseam with different wording, also getting all my friends to repeat them, all the while adding as many new ones as I can come up with. Enjoy.
  16. icycalm

You have ZERO understanding of aesthetic design as it pertains to web design. The fact that ALL your events, from the coolest to the lamest, are lumped in one column, so that to find the 2-3 cool ones you have ever held the visitor has to scroll through UNTOLD PAGES of lame crap, continues to ensure that your scene stays confined to a tiny bunch of obsessive people with no lives who can afford to spend forever going through your site with a fine comb to find those handful of events that really matter.

Look at my website to find out how to properly lay things out. The coolest things I do are unmissable and right in the visitor's face. And there are no beer mugs or lame in-jokes that no one knows about shoved in the visitor's face. Observer, learn, evolve.
  17. icycalm

[​IMG]

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/exodus-esports.58702/page-3#post-1018827

It was in an Exodus thread, so there is no way they would not have read it, but they of course never bothered replying to it, or even acknowledging its existence, in their usual fashion, until they used it without crediting the people who suggested it (it was actually lapsedpacifist who suggested all clans get thrown into one system, and that gave me the idea of integrating this into Clan Wars as the concluding game, which then led me into thinking up of MY Clan Wars format in which this format consists of the ENTIRE event, taken to an even greater extreme by allowing uneven number of players and alliances to compensate for it. So you can see how ironic it was when Nik accused me in private of plagiarizing the Clan Wars Showdown lol, which I devised years before Nik had even heard of PA).

Clan Wars did end with a "whimper", as I had prophesied, by the way. It ended with 2v2s because Exodus couldn't be bothered to reschedule to accommodate the requirements of the players.
  18. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

your a man of your word I see..
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. grandhomie

grandhomie Active Member

You keep talking about the beer mug but the only events that have this logo are the Clopsey events (that logo is nowhere to be seen on the home page).
    Exodus has organized or helped organized 100+ events / tournaments, they're doing great things for the PA community.

I have no issues with joining a "Casual" tournament, I've played PA & PA:Titans close to 600 hours but I'm nowhere near the level of Uber players and it's great to have tournaments for players of my level.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. icycalm

Every time I went to the Exodus frontpage for MONTHS, the first thing I saw was the beer mug.

That says it all about their capacity to command people's attention and inspire their imagination.