Problems with custom missiles

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by zweistein000, August 25, 2017.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Hey,

I've been working on a yet unannounced mod and have been experiencing a few problems with manually fired missiles. Namely:
    Antimater missile and Tactical missile crash the server sim upon impact.
    When ordering an area attack with any missile the client always experiences a crash. The crash happens as soon as you start dragging an area for the area attack.
    The files are attached below.

Attached Files:

2. zweistein000

I have since managed to fix the server crash. Client crash remains an enigma. Logs don't tell my any thing useful.

Attached Files:

3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Hmm maybe that tool type thingy crashes it. A tool is basically something where a weapons gets attached on. I think.

First step would be making the game work again. So go back step by step to make it work. If you don't know that anymore then start from vanilla and add the changes step by step til it crashes. Then its just finding out why it crashes.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  4. zweistein000

I'll do that, but I took a look at hte vanilla tool_weapons and their base spec and I dont see anything missing form my files.
  5. zweistein000

Well it's not the tool weapon. I recreated that using vanilla as template - still crashing.
    Afterwards I'v added the default nuke to my launcher - still crashing.
  6. zweistein000

WELL I found out what the problem is. The area attack command always bases its spread on the ammo that is set under "initial_build_spec".

Adding that line to the nuke launcher resolved my crash. Thanks for your help @Alpha2546
    Alpha2546 likes this.