TV/Streaming Shows!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, August 28, 2016.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. tatsujb

SPOILER WARNING
    Last edited: March 10, 2017
  3. tatsujb

the expanse season two is just as good as season one
  4. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

I was going to give you a like but... season 2 not yet in Spain :(:mad:
  5. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I recently discovered Just a Minute, which isn't recent at all.

It's funny as hell though.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The expaaaaĆ aaaaaanse
  7. tatsujb

RE: The expanse

NVM episode 4-5 onwards is utter BS.
    Obviously the scenarists are out of the picture or they wouldn't have gone from something intricate and fitting like a prefect puzzle to absolute scenaristical amateur hour :

The whole Mad Scientist getting killed by Detective Joseph Miller was pure plot device. lazy writing.

It's obvious that now none of the scenario choices are being planned ahead of time otherwise they wouldn't keep steering into dead-ends.

And the whole Detective-Mao "love" ... "Love?" ... "Love?" Arc is just a pervy fantasy at best it serves no purpose to the plot. I love how Mao just ups and kisses this guy she knows from literally ONE SECOND AGO. and they've exchanged NOTHING meaningful. And AGAIN SHE has EVERY SCENARISTICAL and PLOT reason to hate the man's guts (rewatch first couple episodes to refresh your memory).

"oo I want to do the thing!" -"mmh ...n... no... you can't do the thing... :S " -"okay ....oh did I mention I want to do the thing? I think I'll do that now : ' I WANT TO DO THE THING" - "no... no... y'still can't do the thing" - "hmmm okay" - " you're kinda hot naked like that here's a nuclear bomb btw" - "oo! noone's EVER complimented me that way before!" ***smack*** ***slobber***

"Oh but you don't understand" you'd say "you have no idea what it's like to be under the mighty magnetic influence of plot! noone can resist plot!"

well I fuckking don't give a shiit! That guy can kill himself I don't care he was dead in a million ways anyhow but this "saving a main character from not appearing in the next episodes and seasons no matter the ginormous toll on the entire story it's gonna take" bullshitt is just freking bullshit

that guy's a shitt actor on top of that! his "city cop who's bad outside but good in" is just tolerable enough of a trope and a cinema sin when it isn't receiving this kind of massive praise AKA rewriting the entire story to not only keep this actor on a payroll but to make his character central.

When will the freaking idiots constantly firing good scenarists from good endeavors understand the audience CAN understand the abstract concept of an intelligent entity be it alien or other even if it DOESN'T take human form or voice to communicate/manipulate

And the "will of a human soul is so powerful it can take over that entity so easily that he/she's not even conscious he/she's doing it, he/she's doing it subconsciously and has to be talked to by the hero" Trope has been so done to death it's the tallest order of cinema sin there is.

And aside from being overdone it has got to be the LAAAAAAAAMEST thing is scenario HISTORY to ever exist EVER.

AND that's ASIDE from once again unleashing the "all nukes are fired but are not even used trope" this is fuking cinema sin buffet here! open to everyone! come get your servings! hot hot hot!

How can they not understand that this is exactly how you devalue EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON YOUR SHOW.

CONGRATS! on doing the exact opposite game of thrones and Tudors taught us all by showing us it's the main actors that matter in your show and not the stage nothing that happens EVER from here on out in this show will have any emotional impact on us any more
    and I WANTED it to.
    that's what I need to be invested in a show. characters being able to die is the prime thing us humans start by relating with : Mortality.

now I'm out of the experience. and all these tropes piling up are the opposite of what season one was all about : DECONSTRUCTING THE DAMN TROPES OF CINEMA/SHOWS.

Go this show was getting so INTERESTING! WHY do they ALWAYS have to take **** down the LEAST interesting path FFS!

Fuckin IDIOT directors with fukin crayons so far up their nose their brain can't work.
    Last edited: March 18, 2017
  8. arseface

I watched the first two seasons of Black Mirror on Netflix.

It reminds me of older traditional sci-fi. Short stories with a deliberate point and for some reason they always include sex even when they don't need to.
  9. tatsujb

so the best april fools was actually streaming the new episode of season three for free

oh and i never knew but apparently there's shittons of cameos
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

...and the worst, was broadcasting it in Samurai Jack's spot in Adult Swim/Toonami on Saturday. What a bait-and-switch, I even like Rick and Morty but jeez, it sucks when you go to take a big drink from a cup of tea only to discover in taste-shock and realization-shock that it's grape soda instead. You like grape soda, unless you were fully expecting tea to land on your tongue.
  11. tatsujb

the video says so itself but spoilers :
  12. tatsujb

13. tatsujb

14. tatsujb

Welp. I marathoned the tudors for the third time.

It never gets old. short and sweet. I don't think GOT has shiit on it.
  15. tatsujb

rick & morty Season 3 is some otherworldly level of good. latest episode (5) is just fuucking mindblowing

and keep in mind I just saw GOT S7E6 and I rather talk about Rick & Morty
  16. arseface

Having not seen either latest episode yet(bout to go watch GoT), I'll keep in mind that you have a massive boner for SciFi and keep my expectations in check.

I've been enjoying Season 3 a lot too so far though.
  17. tatsujb

@arseface R&M's genre is Comedy before being SciFi and it's hard to call it SciFi. the boner's for Comedy.
    BUT yeah one should never be swayed by other's enthusiasm it ruins the pleasure if it's not up to expectations.
  18. arseface

I was thinking in the context of setting, not genre. Fantasy vs scifi, drama vs comedy.

Both shows were great. It's a good week for TV.
    tatsujb likes this.
  19. tatsujb

it is. it's been a void for months and this was why. I sometimes wonder if them being offset would have allowed me to enjoy them even better or if I get further pleasure from this series orgy.
  20. tatsujb

even with the latest episode of GOT is still maintain that the Tudors were better.