Monday Night Combat Documentary

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by iammclovin117, July 15, 2017.

1. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

EDIT: Episode 2 is out now!

So, I'm working on a 4 part Documentary about the last 7 years of Monday Night Combat, PA, Kickstarters and Uber themselves, and if anyone want's to be interviewed for the fourth episode where I talk fully about the community that sprung up around the game and the fandom in it's current state, please, inbox me as soon as possible.
    It's going to take a week or so before Episode 1 is even finished, so just watch this page for the uploads.
    Last edited: December 31, 2017
    y3434 likes this.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I am, through no merit of my own except relentless obsession with my deepest nostalgias. one of the more long-involved members of the community spanning from MNC360 Summer of Arcade release, to PC, then SMNC, then PA's kickstarter, early access, release, and it's really rather nice post-release content and functionality updates.

Late in replying, because July 4th my managers took a week vacation a piece, leaving me having been very preoccupied.
    iammclovin117 likes this.
  3. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Bruh, I better be in the documentary, will be happy to be interviewed
  4. senrandazura

senrandazura New Member

Good luck with the project if you actually follow through with it.
  5. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Me 2
  6. iammclovin117

I can give an update.
    The first episode is planned for August 11th. That one is focused on the saga of MNC from the beginning.
    Episode 2 is planned for September 8th and that one is about the fallout from MNC and the events of SMNC.
    Episode 3 is all about Uber and what has happened since SMNC, and Episode 4 is half interviews and half of a wrap up episode.
    Episode 3 and 4's dates are up in the air, for Episode 3 I still want to play all of the other games Uber has made before talking about them, but I hardly use my PS4 as it is. So buying a VR headset for the PS4 would be a massive waste of my time, So I'm going to borrow a friends unless someone would be willing to let me use captured footage.
    And I'm still planning on getting a hold of devs who worked on the games, But I'm saving that for later on.
    I promise that I'll PM you all with a Skype/Discord ID when I can start doing the interviews.
    Last edited: July 31, 2017
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Feel free to capture any images from my YouTube page if you want to include any of that footage, a tag line would be nice is all.

If you want, I can pass along interview requests for any players you might want to talk to - a lot of them have new gamer tags, but I still talk to many of them. I don't mind talking about the community if you want to get my two bits, but really most of that is behind me.

Just shoot me a message on Xbox, since I am almost never on here any more. I was just deleting unused shortcuts and decided to click the one that takes me here for the last time. My gamer tag is still the same as the screen name here...
  8. iammclovin117

Thanks! I'll have a watermark for the channel I used for the clips if I don't source my own from Xbox, giving the user credit. And yeah, I just sent a friend request to you today.
  9. iammclovin117

https://image.prntscr.com/image/rMJD0SRPTRy-WRoETWE3zg.png
    Edit: I've also started to contact devs.
    I'm gonna give an Update on the videos so far.

Episode 1 is at about 60% done. It's gonna be about 12-17 minutes long and should have no problem going up on the 11th.
    Episode 2 is about 70% of the way done with writing it, and should about 20 minutes.
    Episode 3 and 4, by the very nature of them both have had no work done on them yet.

If any devs still read the forum, please, contact me and I'd love to speak with you as soon as possible, this is a chance to talk to fans and speak about the challenges that showed up while working on MNC plus any content you'd like to archive.
    Last edited: August 3, 2017
  10. iammclovin117

Episode 1 is out now! I'm gonna cross post this to the Uber Entertainment board and update both with each video.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  11. notgunked

notgunked Active Member

watching that gameplay does bring back some funny memories.
  12. iammclovin117

So, Episode 2 and 3 are gonna be meshed into one single video, and that video might not be out until right at the end of next month or the first week of October because of a few family things that came up. The Interview episode will be the third one, and will be either big, and will include the full interviews in the episode, or will include highlights and link to the full, separate interviews. Not sure what, but I'll give them both a try and see what flows better.

You had really high quality footage, and some great gameplay, so I used your footage a ton in the video. Thank you so much man.
  13. unkindlylobster

unkindlylobster New Member

Hey man nice video. I'll check back here for the rest of it later. Any chance you guys are still play? I used to play under xBRNRx and now Unkindly Lobster on xbox. I'm cravin' that bacon again.
  14. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

Interview me you f*cker.

S'always good to see a retrospective on one the better 360 arcade games.
  15. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Oh, I can't wait to check this out!
  16. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I tried to go to facebook on my PC today but it took me here instead and I saw this. I'd love to be interviewed! Contact me either on Facebook or YouTube though, I probably won't remember to check back here.
  17. iammclovin117

Hey, sorry for the lateness of this. I'm working on Episode 2 and an explanation of what's taking so long for it. And I'll be working on getting all of the info from everyone. I originally wanted #2 to be out now, but life (and a broken laptop) got in the way.
  18. iammclovin117

Episode 2 is up now folks. 3 will be in February.
  19. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

woop woop
  20. dadale1990

dadale1990 Member

Anyone tryna a get a pm started?