Titans and PA not starting correctly after latest patch 21/6/2017

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ianmcd, June 21, 2017.

1. ianmcd

ianmcd New Member

Was playing last night on both Titans and PA without too many issues. since the update today either version will correctly start.
    I get music playing, the loading screens are shown, with the text at the bottom of the screen showing the modules that are loading. After this finishes and the loading screen fades to black nothing happens in either version of the game.

The bachground music still plays but the UI for the game dosnt show. The program itself is running, and i can Alt Tab out to desktop. the only thing that is displayed on the screen is the mouse, that can be moved. but the remainder of the screen is black.

gameitself isnt crashing so there are no debug dumps.

Aorus 1080TI in SLI (3 x 4k displays in surround)
    i7 5930k @ 4.2 Ghz
    32GB Ram @ 2133 Ghz
    windows 10 Pro
    512GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    lastest Gfx drivers and OS updates

log file shows a large number of erros while trying to map shared buffer memory:
    [23:42:32.359] INFO [COUI] PID: 9304 | 24772 13:42:31.612643 [9304:24772:ERROR:(0)] Error mapping shared buffer memory

the final log entries before it shuts down UI:

[23:42:53.156] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 0
    [23:42:53.156] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 0
    [23:42:53.171] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 3
    [23:42:53.171] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 3
    [23:42:53.187] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 4
    [23:42:53.187] INFO [COUI] Assert failure: This view doesn't support binding yet ViewImpl Id 4
    [23:42:53.187] INFO Shutting down CoherentUI
    [23:42:53.187] INFO [COUI] PID: 9304 | 24772 13:42:53.367496 [9304:24772:ERROR:(0)] Error mapping shared buffer memory

Attached Files:

2. ianmcd

ianmcd New Member

I have disabled Nvidia surround and can start the game on 1 screen, however this was working without any issue prior to the update.

looks like multi-monitor surround support has been broken in the latest update!
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Nothing has changed that would impact that.

It looks like a GPU driver issue... anything showing in the windows event log?

When did you update to the 382.53 drivers?
  4. ianmcd

ianmcd New Member

The nvidia drivers were installed on June 10th (day after their release)

I have just re-enabled Nvidia surround with my three monitors and the game will not start correctly (black screen only with moving mouse)
    if i disable it again it will start on a single screen.

no errors or warning in event viewer so there is no smoking gun there.

I have attache dtwo additional log files, one from the non surround version (3 sseparate screens) PA-2017-06-22_004114.txt where the game loads correctly

The second file is with surround enabled, and the game displays a blank screen.

let me know if there are any additional log files or additional testing that may help?

Attached Files:

5. ianmcd

ianmcd New Member

not sure if this is any help, but i have uninstalled via steam, and removed the PA folder within the appdata folder tree.

reinstalled via stream and the same problem is there. The intro titans video did show as part of the initial load.

log file is attached which shows different errors within it, and less errors too. however the same black screen was the end result. i can't see that this is a driver error as the previous version of Titans and PA both worked yesterday with the same Nvidia driver.

i have also check, no windows updates have happened over the last 24 hours, and the only installations that have happened tonight was the stream updates (including PA and Titans).

i don't have any display issues with any other application on my PC.

Attached Files:

6. azapheus

azapheus New Member

same problem only i get a white screen and pa.exe has stopped working no error number tho if i find something i'l tell you still working on fixing it myself
  7. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

have any of you guys gotten error code: Cilantro? That was what I got when I booted up the game after this update, that and my computer telling me that it needs to close the program to save memory. I think this update may have a memory leak in it. I two got a black screen, but I could not alt tab out of it, I don't know if it was the game or my computer's screen that shut off.