New maps for sharing

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by ZakTheEvil, November 27, 2016.

1. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You should put them into a map pack on CMM. Never underestimate the laziness of people :)
  3. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

I don't know how to. Yet. I need to figure that out :(
  4. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I love the way you combine crack and mountain CSGs to create natural-looking barriers. There are some really nice looking maps.
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

It just occurred to me that I should have placed this thread in Planetary Annihilation Titans section, duh. If any moderators come across, would you kindly move it? Thanks!

Also, if someone can point me to some tips on how to create a proper map pack, it would be great. I'm not finding much updated information :( Thank you!
  6. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

Thanks. That creates issues though: from weird looking rocks "hanging in the air" to unit pathing. But does look cool!
  7. Quitch

8. cptconundrum

I can't remember exactly what the fix is, but there was something I used to do that was like "mergeable": true in the .pas file on every csg with that problem. It might have been something else, though. It was a trick that you needed to do if you wanted to make it possible for units to path under bridges or overhangs. Didn't work for naval going under a bridge, sadly.
  9. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

I think cracks do not mix with water if there is a point of entry into a crack from the open sea. If there are cracks filled with water then bots will fall into them and and get stuck or even move along the cracks under other CSGs. This gets weird as you don't see them, but they're there and turrets will keep firing at them and if you zoom out you will see their icons under CSGs. Cracks in land do not seem to be a problem, they path around them fine. In the future, I will avoid this. I will have to be careful that cracks do not reach open sea so bots can't enter them. I don't feel like fixing these right now, too much work. I want to start fresh with the fixed editor and I need to read up about the changes.

I also think I figured out how to submit a map pack to PAMM. Crossing fingers:)

Yes, whoever can, please feel free to move this thread to Titans. Sorry about this.
  10. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

So the map pack is available in the game and it installs but I don't see it in the shared section along other maps I downloaded. Is it because the game knows it's mine or am I missing something?

It's called "Zak The Evil's Map Pack No01".

[​IMG]
  11. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

BTW, the new editor has "pathable" and "mergeable" options for CSG plus two other options I can't remember right now, and I'm not sure what they do.
  12. Quitch

You want to make sure your mod works as expected locally before publishing, otherwise you risk getting it disabled to avoid confusing people. I'd suggest looking at existing map packs to see how they do it.
  13. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

I did look at existing map packs. All the paths and settings should be in order. The file gets downloaded to the same folder along with other mods and maps packs I have. But the maps do not show in the shared tabs. If I'm missing anything then I don't know what it is.
  14. cptconundrum

Try replacing
    cShareSystems.load_pas("zaktheevil's maps", [

with

cShareSystems.load_pas("zaktheevil\'s maps", [
    ZakTheEvil likes this.
  15. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

Thanks! I'm not sure if that was the cause, I removed the apostrophe anyway, but your comment made me look closer at syntax and I found some missing commas at the end of lines in maplist.js. Now it works:)

Thank you very much for the help!
  16. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

Just updated this pack with some fixes.
  17. emarkus

emarkus Active Member

Wow that looks so lovely...
    Need to try out. thanks.
  18. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

Sorry, seems that my maps were removed from the server for some reason. I was not notified in any way.
  19. ZakTheEvil

ZakTheEvil Member

Oh my. I think I know what happened. My web server died. I guess that disabled the files in CMM. Sorry, I won't be fixing it for a while, it was not used for anything else.