The Performance Update: Titans Build 99377

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by wyao, November 21, 2016.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Doesn't mean it's a bad suggestion....
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

A suggestion with no supporting evidence is a useless suggestion. More importantly it's a suggestion absolutely no one is going to act on because you've given them no reason to do so. It doesn't even generate useful discussion because the counter-point is "Nah, I think you're wrong."
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Ok, well looking back at his comment, I personally think both suggestions are valid...

1: Units with high ranges *should* attack from maximum range (assuming they have vision / radar on the target) when told to attack. That's simple, intuitive behavior that I think anyone would expect. The fact they don't do this is as far as I'm aware a bug rather than a design feature. You can work around it with good micro- although that's not really the balance the devs have gone for.

2: With regard the orbital LOS- the fact everyone can see all orbital at all times really weakens it (especially at t1). I personally think orbital vision should be restricted, however that would require quite a few other changes to orbital as well (the fact orbital units can't reclaim does help mitigate some of the worst problems with the earlier system though). I'd personally like to see t1 orbital much more accessible (I think an orbital launcher should be a t1 factory that you can choose to start with if you wish), with it being used for scouting / expansion.
    lulamae, captain81 and MrTBSC like this.
  4. mkii

mkii New Member

I'm super keen to see this be taken further. Really want a high variety of restrictions, play coop and face an AI enemy. I mean who doesn't want to do an epic meat grinder?:
    • Support for unit restrictions in new game lobby (work in progress)
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

You can do all that right now, it's just that unit restrictions are done via Community Mods not the game lobby.
    lulamae likes this.