fps fixed thanks you guys

Discussion in 'Support!' started by evilblooddragon, April 15, 2017.

1. evilblooddragon

evilblooddragon New Member

i have between 15 - 10 fps and its annoying
    list any fixes below i tried most
    i run a rx 480 latest updates and its a black edition oc also 16gb ram and 2tb sshd
    dont have any problems in any other RTS game

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 4/14/2017, 21:30:30
    Machine name: THE-DEVILS-PC
    Machine Id: {7E820D27-1328-44E2-B779-9D9598B50926}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.170303-1614)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: MSI
    System Model: MS-7693
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/21/15 09:38:29 Ver: 04.06.05
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16172MB RAM
    Page File: 5453MB used, 20718MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Attached Files:

Last edited: April 15, 2017
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

For me, I always get around 15 fps with a gtx 980 and overclocked i5 cpu when there is a lot of units on the map. I think your fps is pretty normal.
  3. evilblooddragon

considering i get 60 - 100 fps in all games on my rig i get long loading times a huge stutters i just want to know is there a work around i could use to make the game run better i have installed the none steam version and disable steam overlay and other fixes i have read
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

OK so PA performance depends a lot on the map design and situation.

As a test, what fps do you get if you load into a single planet map (ideally use moon biome) of 600 radius against a single AI? At match start you should be at least 60 fps, probably more, and late game it should stay in the 30+ range? If you are getting 15 fps at game start on a map like that there is something that needs fixing.

If however you are playing on a massive map, e.g. multiple r1000 planets (that aren't gas giants, those are fine), maps with asteroid belts or planets with lots of trees that can hurt fps badly. The devs allowed a lot of map settings that really are too much based on community requests (people like big maps). For a good multi planet map I'd suggest playing pax prime, that should run fine on your machine and is a good basis for the size you should go for on multi planet games.

The other issue is unlike any other rts, PA had no unit cap. So if you are getting low fps late game that's usually why- you can easily get to 10000+ units in a big PA match and that kills fps. Other popular rts titles avoid this issue by limiting Max units to 100 ish (or games like total war cheat by making 'squads' which simulation wise are just 1 unit even if it's '100'). Also if you play against a lot of AI that can really bring performance down.

If the issue is large games with AI there is an option that can help- in settings, local server set this to 'on' and enable the 'multi threading' option. This splits up the physics to 1 thread per planet, and also allows multiple threads to be used for ai. The standard mode does all physics on one core, however in this mode it uses as many threads as the are planets and a few more for the AI, a local game on pax prime against 5 AI is enough to max out my fx 8320 8 core but it keeps fps much higher. You can also use local server with multi thread for lan games and I believe there are some mods that allow it for multi player matches too.
  5. evilblooddragon

i play as simple as i can one planet and on normal settings with one AI i have tried everything i can find and cannot get it optimised for my pc i really like this game atm like i can run halo wars 2 on the highest at 60fps and fallout 4 and get 60 fps with heavy enbs and that but this game dont want to run i get 30 fps in the menu and in game no matter what i get lower than 15 fps my machine is good but this game makes it look pathetic
  6. evilblooddragon

if i was to upgrade to ryzen today the game will still run like 10-20 fps come on i have enough power to run the game with my gpu and cpu but what ever is blocking the fps i cant fix this i have vsnyc off i have all my setting set to performance and i swear where is the setting file to i turn off in game vsnyc
  7. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

8. evilblooddragon

i have looked at this i dont have any conflicting software
  9. mikeyh

Is your windows 10 up to date?

Looks like an old build from last year.
  10. cdrkf

Yeah that is wrong, at game start you should get good fps, I do on a similar machine with a much weaker gpu (fx 8320 and r9 280). Looks like @mikeyh is helping you- he's your best option for help, he's actually worked on the game...
  11. evilblooddragon

windows is fine its this game maby it dosent like my cpu ? lmao fx 6300 6core
  12. evilblooddragon

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.1559.0
  13. evilblooddragon

my next windows update is The Windows 10 Creators Update i have all windows files updated on a fresh windows 10 pro Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG
  14. evilblooddragon

here is a shot of the game and what i run on in the game and in menu seriously why is this like this followed all fixes and my cpu has never had a problem with games like this i can run fallout 4 at 60 fps constant on ultra
  15. evilblooddragon

and on starwars 120 fps ultra lmao
  16. cdrkf

That screenshot looks... odd? I'm fairly certain PA isn't supposed to be green. There's something strange going on.

As for the CPU- FX 6300 isn't the best cpu these days, but it should be fine for high fps at game start (should be 60+). The only thing I can think of is if it's a compatibility issue with the RX 480- PA has had some problems when new AMD gpu's come out in the past, though it should work fine (I've not heard anyone else complaining about issues with the new RX cards, there were some problems with the Fury cards when they first came out but that was fixed and I think quite a lot more people would have an RX given the price points). I mean I run on an R9 280 without any problems.

Edit: To see the frame rate (and show in screenshot), please can you start a game and once the games is going press 'ctrl + P' as that will show the in game fps- it gives quite a bit of info, might give a clue as to whats going on.

The other thing that might help is if you could upload a log file from your last game as that might give a clue as to what is playing up. The game isn't totally crashing but it looks like the display driver isn't behaving normally.

Edit 2: Actually, how precisely are you showing the fps counter in the top left corner? That isn't the in game frame rate counter... as @mikeyh mentioned, as PA uses Open GL for it's graphics, it isn't compatible with external programs that put an overlay over the game- and that counter is an overlay! Try disabling whatever software is making the counter and see how the game feels (note you can press 'Ctrl + P' to get the built in performance monitor to check the frame rate)...
    Last edited: April 17, 2017
  17. evilblooddragon

i dunno whats up with the colour it was red then blue and then green weird i have bought the game i can take a screen shot to show when it was purchased
    i have turned it off and steam overlay no such luck
    and okay
  18. evilblooddragon

i updated it fps is fine now :))))))))) thanks for your help
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. mikeyh

Please edit title with SOLVED... and what did you update?
  20. evilblooddragon

i went and verified the game and it updated must of been a file missing and turned off my fps counter i had on didn't work when i did and the game updated now it works like a dream constant fps this game needs direct x 12
    cdrkf likes this.