Grudge Match of the Century

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Edward Coug, December 15, 2010.

1. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Half of you guys don't even play anymore why you would want to play grandprize? And PU5H, SIG and c ACE c don't play anymore.
  2. joker

joker Active Member

Should that match have happened GP wins. Their lineups would get rolled by a current team obviously, but for then they were miles ahead of the competition. Shammas was usually host and Dream teams lineup doesn't include a tank that can match up to him back then. no mention of Kckzi and miracles assault was much better than any of dream teams. Deadeyes gunner then although better than chronicausts was always passive in pms, which gives Shammas room to work in the lanes more freely with sig and miracle at his back. I dont think sig nearly was as good as his hype but better than anyone on DT. If you swap miracle and chronicausts classes it's an absolute trainwreck. I also loled at ghostmerc saying push and ace weren't that good, looks like he was ahead of the curve
  3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

if it would be anything like my pub experience with gp it would go something a little like this....shammas would shoot my money ball down, sigmar would quit the game after my first couple kills playing assault, i would chase miracle around the map, ace would be irrelevant, and push would shoot ninja stars at me across the map
  4. The_Jeff

The_Jeff New Member

I don't run from farm animals such as you peachy.
  5. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

you're road kill to me
  6. De Troll

De Troll New Member

If this match went anything like my private match experiences against these players, neither team would get a kill or death through the duration of this minute and a half GP victory.
    Considering the fact that this would have been executed as a private match, I think my feelings are pretty clear on how the game would have gone.
  7. joker

joker Active Member

No discredit to peachy, i feel he would make a very good PM assassin, but the thing about public star slayers is they tend to target weaker players for kills/money and avoid threatening confrontation versus good players without juice or health advantage. PM players while maybe similarly or even less gunskilled have been forced to learn and adapt to play through these situations (neutral or down health or dealing with juiced opponents). i often find my assault down a significant amount of health vs very good players and turn it right around against their favor very quickly because of how many times ive had to make the best i can of a bad situation, because in a PM if you run away you will either die tired or might as well have died because you took yourself out of play for 10+ seconds (normally money or streaks would be of concern, but juice isnt NEARLY as overpowering in PMs as in pubs, another notable difference).

Yes i know its possible to win single handedly versus parties of 2-3, maybe even 4 notable players, but they are missing a minimum of 2 important classes, because all 6 are important. If you can cheat death long enough on assault, you can juice chain forever. Same goes for assassin especially if they dont run a bot pusher. Then theres variables of bad teammates. Almost every bad room has at least 2 supports per team who nuthugs a firebase which is annoyingly effective, or a deploy everywhere glass cannon gunner with gold rate who goes like 8-20 but 4 of his 8 kills ruined your juice/juice-chain, or a terrible assassin/tank who dies 25 times but at least knows to kill 2 waves of bots per death, then die, rinse repeat. This does enough to let a juice chain slayer dominate should they cheat death long enough, even against decent players. It is all very variable, which is why i say nothing about a public match (except maybe gunskill to an extent) can directly translate to being a successful PM player because 1: if you take any time off playing your class to preserve for juice or a low death count or just general inexperience of performing class duties at PM speed/level, the opposing teams' class you are running is making you pay for it by being overall more effective, and 2: again, its 6 good players running a balanced setup, not 3-4, which does make a difference.

These are very reasonable points everyone should be able to somewhat agree upon

edited^
  8. bluntkingmcpussy

bluntkingmcpussy Member

Fu*k I love this game.