Editing Halley Acceleration

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stormcloud23, January 11, 2017.

1. stormcloud23

stormcloud23 New Member

Hey guys, quick question for you. Is there any way, either with mods or whatever else, to slow the initial acceleration of an orbital body when you activate halley engines? As it stands right now, they go from zero to god-only-knows-how-fast near instantaneously. It lacks weight, and makes the planets feel like giant nerf balls or something. Realistically the halleys should fire, and then a couple seconds later the planet should slowly start moving into its new orbital trajectory. Similar to what happens when NASA launches a rocket, the engines fire, and they start rising up slowly at first. They had it right in the original pitch video for the game, so I'm not really sure how something so basic got lost in the development shuffle.

If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, although I'm not certain what I'm looking for actually exists. Thanks in advance.
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

Units have an orbital speed, I'm not sure if they have an orbital acceleration, and I think the parameters for planets may be hardcoded, unless it's part of the halley itself.
  3. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it's not possible. Both annihilaser and halley have almost everything hardcoded.