Seeing Though Fog of War Bug!!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ljfed, September 23, 2016.

1. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

I just played a game against @mot9001 who tried to cheese me with quick bots and a teleporter outside my base. However as the teleporter was activated I saw his bots through the fog of war glitching out as they exited the teleporter. The units themselves weren't visible but the icons were. TBH he could have won if I didn't see them because I had no idea where the teleporter was.

Screenshots:

The screenshots don't really tell the whole story so I recorded a video afterwards which can be found here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz4U9mK2UC0sWWs2b215SWpWYVE

Seems like a pretty serious bug and I haven't heard of anything like it happening before.
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Please post the lobbyId from client logs.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You sure you didn't have radar?
  4. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I've seen this before. I think it is because units don't teleport, (and I believe someone once said that the units are moved with linear interpolation). Anyway, since they don't teleport, the may appear at certain intervals between the source tele and the destination tele, meaning if they pass through the vision bubble of some of your units (like they do through the metal extractor and fabber), they will be visible for a very short time.
    ljfed likes this.
  5. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Don't know how to find lobby id from logs but from pa stats / replays lobby id is "246117908458052489"

@cdrkf radar shows you dots, not unit icons :)

Edit: @dom314 yeah it kind of looks like i'm seeing the units as they pass through the vision of the bot fabber building metal