AbleGamers Tournament 2016 [Over $2000 raised! | VODS Online]

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by cwarner7264, August 31, 2016.

1. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]

The most overtly pay-to-win tournament in Planetary Annihilation’s history is back for its third instalment!

Last year we raised nearly $1,500 in support of AbleGamers. We are reconvening once again to bring you the biggest, most unpredictable and most expensive event in our competitive calendar. With the support of the Planetary Annihilation community, we hope once more to be able to treat you to a showcase of this uniquely cataclysmic Real-Time-Strategy game.

As in previous years, the tournament will consist of two rounds. The first round will contain four games, each one a four-way free-for-all. The winner of each of these will proceed to one final round, itself also a free-for-all.

The players will need to use all the wit, skill and diplomacy they have available to them as they try to claw victory from this frantic scrum. However, there is a twist.

YOU control the carnage!

You, the spectators, in return for a donation to AbleGamers, can spawn units in for the player of your choice in order to coax them along to victory. Give an underdog a second chance, drop a TITAN in the middle of a rampaging horde, or just throw down a load of boom bots to watch the explosions.

Below, you will find a menu which will give you details on the pricing and how to order units for your player of preference. We will be making use once more of the Puppetmaster mod developed by Wondible specifically for this annual event.

All donations will be handled via our Donor Drive page, which you are also welcome to submit donations to before and after the event if you can’t make it there live. All proceeds go directly to the AbleGamers charity.

HERE is a direct link to the donation page. Donation amounts and messages should be publicly visible to allow the puppetmaster to see them.

The event kicks off on Saturday 24th September at 1800hrs UTC. We hope to see you then to watch our stalwart casters Marshall and Sorian commentate on this hotly anticipated event, live on http://www.twitch.tv/uberentertainment.

MAKE YOUR DONATION HERE
    [​IMG]

Tournament Overview, Brackets and Maps:

Last edited: September 22, 2016
    theiban, FSN1977, hydrahawk and 12 others like this.
  2. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Could we implement legion in this tourney?
  3. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

It was agreed it would over-complicate the menu unfortunately.
    boagriusfiroz likes this.
  4. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

Aww. Although, could you not just have kept the legion units in a separate tab? And if you mean the ordering menu, then I guess you could make a separate one for legion. regardless, I look forward to it.
  5. cwarner7264

We did have a good long discussion on it. Because there will be people watching this tournament with little to no knowledge of PA, we decided that to make it as accessible as possible it would be best to keep all players on the same faction.
  6. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

Players have already been selected?
  7. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

No one invited me? :( Also ZaphodX coming back?!?! :eek:
  8. cwarner7264

We have already sent out invitations, yes. The names you see in the trailer, unless there are any drop-outs, will be the people competing in the tourney. We chose people based on previous participation in AbleGamers and those who were suggested to us as still active in PA. Oh and yes we did manage to drag ZaphodX out of retirement to participate :D

If you'd like to be on the reserve list, let me and @wpmarshall know! We do have to limit the number of participants to 16 for the format to work - we couldn't invite everyone!
    lulamae and ace902902 like this.
  9. K1S3L

K1S3L Member

10. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Good job bois: "outsourcing PA's ingame economy, the tournament."
    Nicb1 and pieman90 like this.
  11. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

@zaphodx - Whoot!
    ace902902 likes this.
  12. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

@cwarner7264 I suppose you can put me on the reserves if anyone does have to withdraw. :) Excited to see Zaphodx play again.
    lulamae likes this.
  13. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I'm cut due to Legion not being used (jk) , but regardless really happy to see another able tourney.
    Good job guys on getting one going again. If it is on when i'm awake I will be watching.
    Last edited: September 1, 2016
    ace902902 likes this.
  14. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

Is the Team Captain the puppetmaster? Or do you need to make both your name and your donation amount public? Or can you keep your name private but make donation w/message public and this still work?
  15. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Can I be the puppet master?
    tunsel11 likes this.
  16. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

There is always next year. Pat pat.
  17. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

@wondible is the puppetmaster.
    And sure you can donate with an anonymous name :)
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Both the puppetmaster and the casters will be reading the public feed, so message and amount need to be public or it won't work. You are free to donate anonymously though.
    lulamae likes this.
  19. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

to my fellow competition, I am a narrsasist, I will most likely be donating to myself to win gl.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  20. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Feel free to donate to other players in other games too :D