Challenge Levels for galactic war 1.0.2

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by wondible, March 15, 2016.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Last edited: July 13, 2016
    redspot likes this.
  2. benc85

benc85 New Member

Does your "GW Ramp" and this mod work together?
  3. wondible

Yep, this just replaces the system templates, so it won't conflict with too much else. And I'll usually be able to call out incompatibilities between my own mods in advance.
  4. wondible

GW Challenge -> Challenge Levels for galactic war 1.0.1 - Update title and tags
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

All your mod icons appear to be broken.
  6. wondible

They work on installed (dev copies), but not on available, which appear to have been rewritten to cdn.palobby.com @mikeyh ?

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 16.30.59 .png Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 16.31.04 .png
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. redspot

redspot New Member

Hi Wondible,

Just wanted to tell you I very much like this mod. Classic Uber makes GW worth playing!
    Foreign Intelligence is a bit of a must have though, specially if this mod gets combined with your Ramp mod since having 2 competent/strong AI's on either side of you is something you might want to know up front...
    Not when you have 2 armies lead by flame-tanks roll into your base from either side!
    wondible likes this.
  8. redspot

redspot New Member

Wondible, I played this on smart and classic absurd. Assuming smart would be the biggest challenge I started out with that and quickly moved to classic absurd.
    Smart seems to be rather mild, more or less along the lines of regular absurd is. Is this correct? From the OP I assumed smart would be the challenging difficulty.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Classic Absurd has no difficulty scaling, so it's the same crazy challenge throughout.
    redspot likes this.
  10. redspot

redspot New Member

I.o.w. smart is basically balanced (with a cheat). That explains it somewhat, thanks for the info Stuart.
  11. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

What is the hardest setting for this mod?
  12. wondible

Classic Absurd is nearly flat 2.0 eco and a mandatory minion, which hits you right at the start. Classic Relentless can theoretically scale higher with distance, but especially with the card choice you are usually pretty well equipped by then.
    dom314 likes this.
  13. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

IIRC, the minions actually have an eco disadvantage as well, in classic absurd that is.

So I guess choosing your version of absurd will give me the same difficulty of AI, but less eco boost?
  14. wondible

This mod is strictly playing with parameters so the systems work the same way. For absurd vanilla is 0.8 +0.02/link. Classic absurd is 2.0, with token +0.01/link.
    dom314 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm working on a difficulty overhaul for GW, and I'm wondering what the best way to ensure compatibility with your mod and others is. The difficultyInfo settings seem easy enough (in so far as I could copy your JS :D), but the HTML insertion appears to rely on correct values for options, and given those are static the second you have more than one mod inserting HTML it all goes to pot (even if the drop-down looks fine).

Is there a better way, or are we just destined to conflict?