The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Any fully automatic weapon is veeeeery difficult to obtain in the US and most rifles you can buy are functionally the same as others only look a bit different- a bit more military as it were.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As stated above a real assault rifle is a rifle capable of full auto- and while many rifles you'll see normally would be they're all versions without auto and afaik burst fire. They're only capable of semi-automatic fire. However I do think these rifles should be more difficult to get to I believe it should be done across all and not be focused on the design. Magazine capacities should be restricted to lower numbers unless at areas such as shooting ranges.

I don't think it's possible now to just ban weapons in the US- but I do believe getting a weapon in the future should be more secure, require background and mental stability checks, and let's be real... If you're on the no fly list- you shouldn't be owning a weapon. :/
    cola_colin likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Lol fcuk Hillary

I support trump but not 100% like most people.

Anyone but Hillary lmao
    elodea and mered4 like this.
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I am also a member of the HOLY HECK NOT HILLARY PLEASE party
    elodea likes this.
  4. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

The whole firearm issue is a major culture shock for anyone outside the US. People don't realize how much gun culture is integrated into this country. It will never disappear because people love their guns.

As of today, I can comfortably accept a Trump presidency. My analysis on him has taken a while because there is so much noise surrounding him all the time.

Trump is and will always be a boomer. This generation of people look at things differently that many people don't quite understand. This is why his character is shocking to so many people, particularly young adults. I hope the majority of people will realize this in the next few months and recognize his potential to do good.

I think the best way to interpret Trump is to think of him as grandpa. He may appear "old" and irrelevant in today's age, but he has alot of good knowledge to share with the country.
    I just hope there are people surrounding "grandpa" before he does something uncalled for.

TLDR: anyone but hillary
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

lol

Donald Trump is reportedly delegating all domestic and foreign powers to his VP. His VP being a man that in 2001 said that smoking doesn't kill, and in 2002 said that condoms don't protect against STDs. A vote for Trump isn't a vote for Trump, it's a vote for Mike Pence. And Mike Pence is one of the worst people imaginable to run this country.
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

"anyone but Hillary", from an outsider's perspective, is downright terrifying when you consider the alternative is Trump.

Trump is worse than Hillary. This doesn't make Hillary good, but if Trump is something that you think will benefit you, you might actually want to consider your class, demographic and general protected status against all the atrocities regularly committed in America on what seems to be a daily basis.

Violence that Trump has, at rallies, explicitly encouraged.

Yep. Fantastic guy.
    stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Trump isn't worse than Hillary. Not by a long shot. Hillary is an elitist insider who will stop at literally nothing (still married to the biggest liar of all, bill Clinton.) To get the power she wants.

Trymp, at least, understand two things:. The job market is in a terrible spot right now, and Islamic traditionalist values are at war with American and western ideals.

Hillary is a power hungry wolf pretending to be a sheep.
    elodea likes this.
  8. Devak

Devak Post Master General

And trump isn't ?

So it's not at all suspicious that he, a major business owner, plans to cut taxes for business owners? That he thinks people earn too much?
    stuart98, tunsel11 and tatsujb like this.
  9. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

a bunch of things:

So this year being an insider (someone who actually knows the job they're going to work) became a bad thing?

what of the lying? you want us to do a side-by-side graph of Hillary's and Drumpf's lying? that's litterally your worst argument.

So now who your married to is what american politics is about? huh. proud to be an american eh?

lastly I feel my points about how such a position of power (american presidents have nuclear codes) is a dangerous thing to attribute to someone with such a thin skin have been ignored.
  10. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

What happened to all the reasonable candidates? I'm sure there must have been some at some point. It seems that the only candidates left are the extreme ones.
  11. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Every single person capable of winning a party nomination is an elitist insider who want to be in charge of one of the largest nations on earth.

You literally just described every single presidential candidate, ever.

What is questionable is their morals, and no, Trump doesn't win out there, in the slightest. You can call Hillary evil, deplore her foreign policy record (feel free! I'd probably agree!), but she's not there saying her son is fuckable, or talking about building an unaffordable wall to try and keep immigrants out (hey remember the last major political regime to try that? Hmmm).

Hillary is running for POTUS. Nobody running for POTUS "pretends to be a sheep".

Islamic extremism is at war with a number of things. The West, sure. But also moderate Muslims. Most of the body count IS have racked up is purely amongst moderate Muslims. The casualties inflicted on every single country classified as the "West", combined, doesn't match the Muslim death toll. Them's the facts.

American politics has sadly been (d)evolving that way for years.

Not that I can talk, as a British guy, anymore.
    stuart98, cdrkf and tatsujb like this.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

American users, please educate me on this. Is it just Clinton and Trump on the ballot paper? I understand, for example, that Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Party presidential candidate. Will his name be there right next to Clinton's and Trump's
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The upper one looks like it would have a bigger magazine capacity.
    But obviously ban them or restrict them to shooting ranges with reasonable security check/measures.

Indeed it is. The only occasion on which "normal" people around here even get to see a real gun of any kind is when they're at some form of military "please join us, look you can play with guns"-event or similar at the police.
    Well and then I guess there are some more people who deal with guns, like hunters (not exactly a very widespread occupation) or people who go to shooting ranges (a pretty rare hobby as well).

So seeing a gun in real life outside of those specific and rare circumstances makes me feel endangered immediately. Like a bad feeling in my stomach. Fight or flight instinct with a very clear "can't even fight that" decision.
    It's like "why on earth would any person have that thing? Something is very wrong here".

Yep I actually sort of agree that they are both very horrible people and it's a very very hard call to judge who is actually worse. Trump is openly horrible, but Hillary has a lot of pretty dark shadyness around her as well.

So I'd definitely not vote for either of them. Don't you have some more reasonable smaller candidates next to Hillary and Trump? I remember I read something about people who are not part of that ridiculous "democrats vs republicans" stuff. There might be somebody reasonable among those.
    Then whoever wins between Trump and Hillary and then proceeds to **** up the planet I'll at least be able to go "not my fault".

But I am pretty glad I don't have to even make that decision. It's a shame that Sanders didn't get through, he would've been a good choice.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'd probably vote for this guy. But I'm not sure how many people in the States get that option
  15. killerkiwijuice

16. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

proof once again that money is only the end goal in american politics. I mean fuk are we calling a merch shop "Politics" now???

congrats on being the most total sheep and feeding your republican's hobby
    Last edited: July 22, 2016
  17. killerkiwijuice

what lol
  18. squishypon3

I believe so- Though like I'd mentioned it'd probably be better to just limit the size of magazines you can get than the weapon itself. Keep any sort of larger magazine locked down in a range or under certain designated hunting areas etc with permits and all that jazz.
  19. squishypon3

He'll be on the ballot everywhere afaik. At the moment though the Libertarian party isn't very liked in the US kind of a joke for some reason. Also he doesn't get nearly the same media coverage.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Why big magazines just for hunting? Doesn't that work even with like one bullet magazines? xD