The Politics Thread (PLAY NICELY!)

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by stuart98, November 11, 2015.

1. Devak

Devak Post Master General

Basically any shooter with Hardcore mode
    tunsel11 likes this.
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

no better words describe how democrats feel.
    [​IMG]
    tunsel11 likes this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That's not entirely what I mean. Even in most shooters in such modes you're still playing something like a soldier, it's clear that your aim is to go and shoot the other guys and often the whole setup of the map makes it kind clear where you have opponents and where friends.
    I was more thinking about a game where you're basically in the exact situation of that wannabe hero in a nightclub:
    - Tons of random unarmed civilians around you
    - Like one or two real attackers
    - Some wannabe heroes that try to grasp the situation and prevent a bloodbath, the player being one of them.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

A lot of them won't vote Hillary. Can't say I blame them, it'd be a no brainer if it were anyone with a less shady history. I mean, being a democrat is about supporting LGBT... except she was anti-LGBT equality until 3 years ago. And, standing to help the wage gap... except, she is exclusively corporate. And then there's universal healthcare... except she's the only candidate to defend the ACA and she's sponsored by Big Pharma so she's going to do what makes them the most money and NOT fix the situation at all.

She does literally nothing a democrat wants. Why would democrats vote for her, because of a shoddy sticker slapped on the packaging? If I slapped a donkey sticker on my guns, would Democrats support gun ownership? Just wondering.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It's impossible to convince a progressive to vote for Hillary without mentioning Trump.
    tatsujb likes this.
  6. thetrophysystem

Fix'd that for you.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?tid=sm_fb

[​IMG]
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  7. thetrophysystem

Guess which one I am. Yes, I am a complete arsewipe, but man, I'm not even in competition with the bottom million of sick individuals in this world, as sad as that is. I thought I'd at least have a shot for that category, but man, I couldn't if I TRIED. For starters, there's the guy that plowed the truck into a crowd killing 60 people. Then, there's the people who comment on it, some WORSE than I. Lastly, there's me, whom is apparently the best of the worse somehow because... well, for starters, I had already predicted this nonsense ahead of time so I'm the only one this DIDN'T surprise, but even knowing that, "I told you so" isn't even the worse thing someone has said in response to this tragedy. Oh boy, I'm sorry for those who lost loved ones today today... I mean, SOMEONE has to be.
    [​IMG]
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

[​IMG]
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I'm sorry, if you think that the appropriate response to the deaths of seventy people disproving someone is "rekt", there is something wrong with you.
    tunsel11, tatsujb and optimi like this.
  10. killerkiwijuice

that was entirely not the reason for any of those gifs

lol
  11. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

The topic on guns I believe is largely a generational issue. Frankly, many of the America's stances are generational issues. Its hard not to criticize some of current policy issues without blaming the baby boomers.

I notice that millennials in general hate "old people". Often their comments are going directly towards the boomers, yet they don't realize it. I think its a large misunderstanding that they are a bunch of hippies. Personally, I don't think many millennials have actually taken the time to talk to the boomers and hear what it was like when they were growing up. The majority of my coworkers are boomers and its truely an eye opener on why things are the way they are.

So what does all this have to do with guns, coal and Trump? Skepticism behind government. Remember, these are the people that were forced by the government to go to Vietnam.

Sometimes I wonder what " boomers" are like in other countries, particularly Europe. My guess is that they are much more "progressive", hence having social policies like universal healthcare.

Seriously, drive in any state without helmet laws and you will see them riding on a Harley with a skull cap. This part of the population appears crazy, but they have their reasons. They are a product of the 60s....
  12. Devak

Skepsism of the government is universal.

However, recall that in Europe unions have power, and generally a grudging agreement exists between the people, companies and the government. In america, where i think it was Reagan that changed it all, the government basically said "**** it", fired whoever went on strike and brought in replacement workers during the strike. The unions as a pillar of power is gone.

After all, in practice there's an asymmetrical power balance between workers, employers, and government, in trying to secure funding from one and votes from the other. In america however, it seems the balance has tipped entirely to the government/employer side.

Important note: It's not ideal in Europe either. However i think the european lesson from WWII was "cooperation is essential" whereas the USA's lesson from WWII was "if we enforce our will, we get away with it".

As to guns vs cars: It's idiotic that cars have stricter rules and regulations than guns.
    MrTBSC, walmartdialup and tatsujb like this.
  13. Devak

MrTBSC, stuart98 and tatsujb like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

15. Devak

Yes.

Is that reaction gif supposed to be ironic? Is it blaming for making a prediction? Is it supposed to be provocative?

I mean, what should i even reply to that? Because my mind is leaning towards "if only everyone had a car".
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

So, I did some math, and it seems you are right!

About 21,300 people died from deliberately shooting themselves in 2014.
    In that same year, 32,675 people died in car accidents.

Therefore, you are more likely to die while using a car, than you are if you were to shoot yourself in the head.

Thus, cars are more dangerous than guns, and should be regulated more heavily. /s
    Last edited: July 15, 2016
    stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  17. killerkiwijuice

> stuart says cars have a practical purpose unlike guns
    > isis uses car to kill 77 people
    > probably still thinks terrorism is not the largest issue
    rekt

no further reaction is necessary
  18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Nah we just needed a good guy with a van.
  19. xankar

xankar Post Master General

a white van.
  20. Devak

Because literally everyone is running around with a gun all the time with their finger on their trigger.
    stuart98 likes this.