[Tourney] Andreas G Casual / Pro - Legion on Sat 16 July @ 18:00 UTC

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by exodusesports, July 11, 2016.

1. exodusesports

exodusesports Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Welcome to the fifth edition of Andreas G Casual / Pro! Sign-up if you want to participate in a fun event filled with amazing people. The tournament is split into 2 brackets! One for Uber/Platinum level players and 1 for the other levels or unranked players.

Format : 1V1 Double Elimination - Legion/Titans
    That's guaranteed 2 matches or more per player!

SIGN-UP PRO

SIGN-UP CASUAL

This will be the second Casual which uses the Legion Expansion, allowing players to try their luck as the Legion rather than the MLA if they prefer. Or play both!

Make sure you check the tournament requirements and download the necessary mods from Community Mods. You need to join the pachat patournaments channel on time. If you want to make it a more social experience you can also join the Realm (RLM) TeamSpeak (ts.the-realm-gaming.co.uk) where a lot of participants are going to hang out, trash talk (in a friendly way) and have fun.

Play as both MLA and the new Legion faction

Expected Runtime: 2 – 5 hours (depending on players and how many rounds you play. If you lose two games you are out)

Matches will take place on maps from the eXodus eSports Tournament Map Pack which you can find in the Community Mods.
    MAP ORDER: Will be announced shortly before the event (to avoid specific training. It is a casual event after all)

TL;DR Rules
    • Get eXodus eSports Tournament Map Pack / Legion Expansion / PA Stats Online / PA Chat from Community Mods
    • Join the patournaments room in PA Chat 30 min before start and stay connected throughout the tournament
    • Following all tournament staff instructions
    • Have Fun!
    Last edited: July 12, 2016
  2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Are these rules final? I'd be happy not to learn a build and then have a no com reclaim or use a certain mod rule later in the week. Maps should also be released a little earlier so people can see if legion or vanilla suit better to maps. Looking forward to this so will practice a lot this week.

Edit: just re read. The pro side of the tournament may want specific training for maps. :p
    Last edited: July 11, 2016
    wpmarshall and Quitch like this.
  3. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Agreed ! Looking forward to it too.

FINE ! You win ...

But yes looking forward to no more Com reclaiming.
    AND AN AWSOME TOURNY
    Last edited: July 11, 2016
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

The main menu link should be prepared much earlier to gather more players.
    Qzipco likes this.
  5. exodusesports

We do not plan any changes to the rules as they stand.

We would like to have launched with the map list for Pro, but that would have meant delaying the tournament. We decided to go live with it and suffer the map list delay.
    Clopse likes this.
  6. killerkiwijuice

there are so many people :D
  7. river39

river39 Active Member

ow amassing how many already signed up. i wish i could play but i'm out of town then. good luck with the organizing guys!
  8. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

You might want to make the casual side single elimination or risk the tournament taking 6 hours.

The pro's could be a best of 7 at this point.

Edit: with all this new interest from having the tournament being on the home page. Will a new clan war be possible.
    Last edited: July 14, 2016
    Qzipco likes this.
  9. exodusesports

Maps are now shown on the brackets.
    Clopse likes this.
  10. psdpro

psdpro Member

Having the tournament linked in the main menu of PA itself has helped greatly, I think. That was a really smart addition. Bravo to whoever thought of it!
  11. exodusesports

As we expect the Casual to be very busy, we ask that players in the Pro brackets go to patournaments2 rather than the usual room.

If you are not in the tournament please refrain from joining the tournament rooms. There is a 100 person limit and we may be bumping up against it. We'll need every slot.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Incredible sign-ups on the Casual, but the Pro is looking lacklustre.
    Qzipco likes this.
  13. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

I'd consider playing but I'm to out of practice. :/
  14. killerkiwijuice

lol 3 people

i'm away for this so i can't sign up
  15. ljfed

ljfed Active Member

Would play but 1800 UTC
  16. Clopse

Yeah I left because of this, I know it doesnt make sense but happy not to spend a Saturday for a 4 man tournament. You could consider putting the plat and uber ranks into the loser bracket in round 2. Less of a logisitical nightmare and casual still gets a winner as such.
  17. Quitch

Not technically possible with the backend we use. Plus one of the reasons we split ahead of time was people saying they didn't sign-up because they were intimidated by some of the names on the player list.
  18. Clopse

Yeah understandable, but now we have it advertised on the main menu, participant numbers will increase too for normal tournaments as opposed to casuals. Platinum players are most likely intimidated by high ubers to be honest. Hopefully this tournament will show that tournaments are fun win/lose so we can start working on a strong competitive scene.

Looking forward to watching this. If I'm home I'll prob cast a few games if ok.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. Quitch

Yep, this is an open cast tournament. If you want to cast let us know and we'll get you linked up on the tournament page.
    stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Don't recognize a whole lot of names there. Are you scrubs going to sign up, or are you going to let me cruise to victory in the "I don't play this game" bracket?

If I show up
    tunsel11 likes this.