pa.exe not responding

Discussion in 'Support!' started by windxai, June 25, 2016.

1. windxai

windxai New Member

Hey guys. I just bought the game, and have been experiencing this problem. I start up the game, gets me to the main menu. I click tutorial (i've never played) it brings me to some sort of loading screen. It says (prepare to land) or something along the lines of that. After trying multiple supposdely solved resolutions, it has still not been fixed.

Please help, I have seen my friend play this game, and it looks absolutely amazing!

I posted this in steam, and someone said post it here.

my dxdiag is in attatched files.

Attached Files:

2. windxai

windxai New Member

UPDATE: I finally waited FOREVEr, got into the first part of the tutorial, then the whole thing crashed. Please help.
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You are way below the minimal system requirements. PA: Titans requires at least 8GB, but you only have 4GB. On top of that, your graphics card doesn't have dedicated memory, so that steals from the main memory as well.

However, you may still be able to play on the smaller systems if you increase your virtual memory. It's still going to be tricky though. Anyway, increase your virtual memory to about 16GB and see if that helps. Instructions for Windows 10 are here: http://mywindowshub.com/customization-virtual-memory-size-windows-10-technical-preview/

Virtual memory is much slower than real memory though, that's why it took forever to load. And after the virtual memory was exhausted, PA crashed. So increasing the virtual memory should stop the crashing, but it won't probably make it go faster. The long-term solution would be to buy more memory, I'm afraid.
  5. windxai

windxai New Member

I put my virtual memory minimum up to 9 gigs and my max up to 18 gigs. Now planetary annihilation wont start, with error code sage.
  6. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's a rare one. I'm not sure what that means. Can you post the full log? (See mikeyh's post above.)
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Follow these instructions:
    http://support.uberent.com/kb/faq.php?id=12