Bad performance under specific common condition

Discussion in 'Support!' started by orzbrain, June 19, 2016.

1. orzbrain

orzbrain New Member

So, Titans generally performs pretty good. However, if there is another planet with any units or structures on it in the path the camera is looking, even if the view of that other planet is completely and utterly blocked by being on the other side of the planet I'm zoomed in on and playing on, the frame rate is cut in half.

So the frame rate will be going along nicely at 40-60 until the rotation of the system or my POV on the planet I'm looking at caries another occupied planet into the theoretical sight of the camera (even though it's completely invisible of course), then the frame rate promptly plummets to 24-30, and if by chance a second occupied planet wanders into the theoretical line of sight of the camera, the frame rate promptly drops again to 15-18.

Is there a setting file or something I can edit somewhere to turn down the render distance from infinity or whatever's causing this?

i5-2410 2.3ghz cpu, 10gb ram, Nvidia gt-540m card. The only gfx setting that seems to have any noticeable effect on the frame rate is the shadows.
  2. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

3. orzbrain

orzbrain New Member

Attached Files:

4. lokiCML

I'm not really sure what the problem is but do you have PA set the discrete card?
  5. orzbrain

orzbrain New Member

Yes. And changing the gfx settings result in little change, except for shadows.

I was going to try it at 1024x768 res, but the interface won't fit in the screen then.
  6. lokiCML

have you tried downsampling option? 75 or 50%
  7. orzbrain

orzbrain New Member

Yeah. That mildly increases performance when it's having the problem, but doesn't fix the problem. Also looks horrible, somehow moreso than just being a lower res.
    Last edited: June 21, 2016