Wayward Sky info

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by jables, June 17, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well we have Occulus and the HTC Vive (in collaboration with Valve) pushing headsets on the PC, although we still don't know how much they'll cost (I'm guessing north of £300). Still there will be a market for VR games on PC at least, so hopefully Uber will release this on PC too. I guess we'll find out in a few months (I think they said somewhere Wayward Sky is supposed to be a release title for Playstation VR).
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

We all know where console exclusives stand. The console wars manipulate them so much at the cost of the games themselves.
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I was looking at the RIGS Mechanized Combat League and that just feels to me like that should have been an Uber game.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

RIP the rift 600$ price tag!
  5. cdrkf

Nah that will come down. Give it 6 months it'll be 400 :p
  6. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I love it when gamers are surprised that cutting-edge first-generation tech has a hefty price tag. Might not come down as quickly as people expect, either.

VR's best applications aren't necessarily games (well, recreational games at least). Which means the price point is meant to hit enterprise and education-sector tiers.

Of course, the problem is for a few years now we've had VR HYPE 3D HYPE HYPE ALL THE THINGS, and now it's released as a professional product with top-of-the-line components (despite complaints of over-engineering) the price tag is obviously going to be very high. It's like comparing a regular gaming setup with one middle-aged graphics card (let's take mine, the GeForce 660 Ti 3GB model) and comparing it with a luxury 980 Ti purchase, or an R9, or whatever floats your boat.

When it comes to gaming, VR peripherals are a luxury. They're priced as such.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

a luxury among luxury even
    MrTBSC, maxpowerz and Gorbles like this.
  8. hostileparadox

All new technology is expensive. And then it slowly drops in price. Look at HD TVs, you can buy a 55" one for half the price years ago.

But I am curious how much the Morpheus will cost.
    If Sony is smart, they won't exceed $400. But ideally I would see $300 as the sweet spot.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

depends on if they CAN sell it for that much there are a lot of factors than just "being smart" to sell a product
    regarding consoles for example as far as i heard EVERY consoleselling company sells their current console at a loss ...
    meaning they have to rely on games to sell the console ... it is not garuanteed that VR will be the same nor its support from third party developers ...
    occulous for example is said to sell its preorderpackage for 600$ ... it may cost as much on release or maybe 500$ ... so i say there could be the possibility that sony may have to sell it for around 400$ to 500$
    cptconundrum likes this.
  10. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Best games in VR clip "Wayward Sky" gets a mention ....
    (I say mention as there's like a total of just over 2 seconds of game footage...)

Edit..
    Don't blink around the 37 second mark or you'll miss it.....
    MrTBSC, jables and cdrkf like this.
  11. maxpowerz

@Ekanaut, @jables,,
    Any new info or trailers for this gorgeous looking game??

Are you guys aiming for Wayward Sky being a launch title?
    If so it will be the first game i buy after i buy Battlezone VR
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We're head down finishing up the game right now. We should have more info and eye candy in the next several months leading up to release. We are aiming it to be a PSVR launch title in October.
    cdrkf, stuart98, mwreynolds and 2 others like this.
  13. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

If you guy's are looking for cheap vr, there is a rumour going around that sony may bring the morphius to pc..
    maxpowerz likes this.
  14. maxpowerz

The PS4 is essentially PC hardware, So even if Sony don't make it PC compatible themselves someone will most likely make unofficial third party drivers for it.
    maxcomander likes this.
  15. hostileparadox

Is Wayward sky going to be on display at PAX East?
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Unknown on PAX East, will depend on Sony's presence.

And thanks for posting the new video :D
    squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.
  18. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It's a nice looking video. You should edit it into the lead post in this thread.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Super late buuut...

The response was only because as far as I can remember the rift was always speculated to be waaaay cheaper. Like around 300-400$ even. Mostly due to all their Dev kits being that much cheaper.
    Gorbles likes this.
  20. cdrkf

I just wanted to say that looks superb... any chance of a non VR version, or at least a PC VR version of the game? I enjoy a good adventure / puzzle game :)