Suggestion to counter asteroids OPness.... WITH ATLAS!!!

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by ecervele, September 3, 2015.

1. ecervele

ecervele Member

Hi guys,

As you know Altas was the titan who holds the world in greek mythology...
    [​IMG]

So why doesn't Atlas can block those asteroids with its mighty upper body??? So its big upper body wouldn't shock anymore since it's not only for the sake of awesomeness.

It would blow every thing on the asteroid and do a bigger shock wave than Atlas would do with its attack which destroy everything in its surroundings but it will stay still holding forever the falling rock...
    If Altas is killed, BOOM!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

May be my idea sucks... But I find it quite nice and it can help to balance the game, may be...

Have a nice day everyone.
    Last edited: September 3, 2015
    xankar, nateious, cdrkf and 3 others like this.
  2. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

This is hilarious, ridiculous, and absolutely perfect for PA. Atlas Titans catching asteroids pls.
  3. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

DATS DA KINDA THINKIN DAT KEPPS OURS WAAAGH GOING BOSS!!!!
    xankar and martianhunter like this.
  4. ecervele

ecervele Member

I'm happy to see my suggestion please some people.

But I'm a little bit surprised to see that no one ever makes the parallel between the mythogical titan and the one in PA... :eek:

DATZ DA I.D. BOYZ!
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Really fun idea. The only problem is they stopped caring about the direction the asteroid comes from, so you'd need to station Atlas all over the planet. In addition to umbrella and anti-nuke spam, you'd need Atlas spam ;^)
  6. ecervele

ecervele Member

No need, add a function that makes your titan go at the impact point and sacrifice itself for the sake of your silky butt... You deserve it, and it kowns it. ;)
  7. ecervele

ecervele Member

I see that no one is excited by my idea, may be it's due to the fact that this solution is only available for Titan and not for classic... :oops:

Anyway this can be added to another solution which can be added to classic too.
    martianhunter likes this.
  8. Everfades

Everfades New Member

I just want the old planet smashing back which creates HUGE craters on the map where all metal spots and units (and the ground hehe) is destroyed, but not destroying the whole planet!
  9. ecervele

ecervele Member

It's not the point here... It's about making Atlas useful...
  10. irvlipschitz

irvlipschitz Member

You mean the other game: Planetary Almost-Annihilation
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

Planetary Crateration? Craterary Annihilation? Planetary Units-Hovering-Above-Crater-ation? Almostaly Annihilation?
    huangth and stuart98 like this.
  12. bradkill

bradkill Member

Uber entertainment is not afraid to be silly - Take the lob into concideration.
    So i could easily see this being added, Just have a random titan running around with a massive rock being held by it
    Serisuly - Maby they could make the atlas catch an asteroid or planet collision... Wich would be funny. Also there needs to be an anti-annihilaser weapon - Maby a nullifier thats like a titan, but upan being built, it creates a massive shield around the planet that annihilasers simply get absorbed by. Of course the nullifier would need to be extremly hard to build (like 50 jigs and 50 advanced fabbers and it still takes about the same amount of time it takes to complete 2 thirds of an annihilaser)
  13. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

These ideas are ok in some sense and maybe a idea for a mod or something.

But i like that PA has true game ENDERS.
    If you let them build it then your done.

Why would you want the game to keep going and then end up in a stalemate and end up sand lag fest and crashing.
    huangth likes this.
  14. huangth

huangth Active Member

I originally though the asteroids are overpowered.
    But now, I think both game style with and without asteroids are playable.
    If the game ender is cheap to achieve, just use it and finish the game quickly.
    Or players can just choose other systems without the asteroids.
    Antiglow, Nicb1 and mwreynolds like this.
  15. ecervele

ecervele Member

It can be a good idea but, I'm not fond of it because the annihilaser should be the strongest weapon of the game even if the fact the planets can't be targetted after their launch (which sucks) to destroy the halleys ruins this... It could have been fun to see the planet going away in the vacuity of space and after a certain distance your commander loses contact with it...

I have a question for you, do you ever think about a countermeasure to the death star in star wars???
    Nope... Because it's a glorious titanic laser beam emerging for a planet!!!

It though about that because the atlas is useless but it is the more stylish titan of all and because I don't like the planet disappearance caused by it. I would have prefered, in the case of using an asteroid , not a moon or what ever, makes the planet become a lava biome due to the impact... (prerendering a lava asset for every planets reseached a certain size and using the old crater mecanic to shape the celestial body with a lava lake at the drop point)

I also find asteroid belt aesthetic, so it sucks to NEVER see it in a game EVER due to the OPness of asteroids which are too easy to move because you only need only one halley making everything else useless...

And they should add a system to estimate planetary mass depending on the quantity of metal in it and its size then it gives the number of haley needed to move it which indicate the amount of altas you need to stop it by creating a force field which shrink the planet, crunching everything on it, changing it into a tiny black sphere... It's a sword of Damocles, you only delay the inevitable...

But above all, it will give back the annihilaser its rightful place of absolute harebinger of destruction, for the sake of pew-pew's awesomeness!!!
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  16. ecervele

ecervele Member

Sorry for double posting... I don't know how to remove it...
  17. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

Or just make them require more Halley's. A 1-halley planet killer is incredibly disruptive. Before the asteroid update most "fake asteroid" moons took 3-5 halleys. This is the situation the cost of the halley and other planet killing methods are balanced around. Infinite supply of 1-halley killers never made sense.
  18. romeosov

romeosov Member

BRO!!! i support we need a titan than just cacht asteroisd!!! that could be amazing and EXTREMLY epic!!!!!!!!! xDD
  19. bmb

bmb Well-Known Member

The engine does not support such a solution and it's unlikely it will be developed to the point of being able to. You cannot target a moving planet in any way.
  20. romeosov

romeosov Member

Yes!!! it can!!! in a long time :L but i want it ;C I support you ecervele