[GUIDE] Getting your mod on PAMM

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, December 30, 2013.

1. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Just adding this here because I hate github, would prefer a better way, but have found a way that sort of works for me.

Right now what I do is this:
    1. Edit a file inside a game mod folder,
    2. A sync app (Dsynchronize) propagates that change to a shared copy.com folder in real time,
    3. Then I rezip that folder via a batch file and 7zip,
    4. The copy.com app uploads the changed files,
    5. Then I republish the zipped folder via the PA mod submission link.
    Question:
    Is step 5 needed? Does pamm ever check to see if the linked zips have changed or must I inform it every time I make a change with the submission link?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It needs to be informed. It doesn't check periodically if any of the mods have changed. The mod submission link updates the version number in the json file that every pamm client checks. So updates don't show until you resubmit it. So, yeah, step 5 is definitely needed.
    bsergent likes this.
  3. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I kinda thought so :) Thanks :)

You sure? I don't think so. I've been changing mine in the modinfo by hand.
  4. DeathByDenim

Oh, sorry. I mean the json on the server that pamm downloads to show you which mods are available. Not the modinfo.json that comes with your mod. :)
    bsergent likes this.
  5. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

6. trilioth

trilioth Member

I searched on this thread and didn't find the answer. I figured it out though.

In the address, ?dl=0 should be ?dl=1. That just worked for me anyway. Using 0 or removing after it altogether didn't work.
  7. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

@raevn I have a doubt about uploading it into pamm. I is necessary to upload a github link in order to make it visible on pamm? cause i´m trying to upload this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ooy066f5rxvolid/com.ksgrip.stinger_is_back.zip.001?dl=0
    and it doesn´t let me
    EDIT:
    i got it working, nevermind. But i have to ask, how do I change the files that are uploaded to pamm? do i rewrite the zip files and the upload the same direction as before?
    Please @DeathByDenim do you know how to make working patches with the dropbox?
    Last edited: March 7, 2015
  8. DeathByDenim

If you want to update your mod, you can simply change the version number in your modinfo.json and resubmit using the same form. So, yeah, it's basically the same.
  9. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I'm getting an error saying "You're not authorized to update this mod, please contact a PAMM maintainer on the PA forum." whenever I try to update my OWO icons mod...
  10. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

When I try to submit a mod hosted on bitbucket, I get this error message: "Your mod must be packaged as a zip archive. Unsupported content type: application/zip; charset=utf-8"
  11. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I uploaded a server and client mod in the form of zip files, when trying to install from PAMM it gives the error
    "Failed to install 'com.pa.server.robintick.war_turtle'. An unexpected error occurred during the mod archive extraction: Error: Corrupted zip : can't find end of central directory"
    The zips I uploaded work fine when I manually put their contents in the server mods and client mods folder, I'm not sure what's going wrong here.
    I'm running Windows 10 and creating archives with the default Windows rightclick-sendto-compressed zipped folder option, is that somehow not compatible, and then uploading them by providing a dropbox download link.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ? here's a zip for reference.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2yh3lsa3h3w1yl/com.pa.server.robintick.war_turtle 0.006.zip?dl=0
  12. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that's Dropbox interfering. The link you have to the zip there is not actually a link to the zip. Rather it's a link to webpage with a link to the zip. You'll want to change ?dl=0 to ?dl=1 and then it should work.
  13. Engineer1234

Yeah sorry I should have mentioned I manually did change 0 to 1, that allows me to upload the zip to PAMM, and my mod is on there.
    My problem is installing the mod from PAMM, that's when I get an error.
  14. DeathByDenim

Ah, right, mod submission won't even work with the ?dl=0.

I just tried installing it from PAMM and it works fine for me. Very odd indeed. I'm on Linux though, but that seems to show that your zip is ok at least.
  15. Engineer1234

Dear PAMM maintainer(s) could someone have a look at why my mod generates corrupted zip errors ?
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-war-turtle.69898/

When you try to install the mod from PAMM one time it will be fine, and the next time it'll generate an error.
    This happens for me and other people too, in the thread a couple of people post some extra info.

I upload my mod by generating a .zip with the Windows 10 default option of send to->compressed folder, putitng that in dropbox, and providing the dropbox upload link (ending in ?dl=1) to the upload thingy and publishing it.
  16. DeathByDenim

For future reference: It turns out that this was caused by robintick deleting the mod from Dropbox after having submitted it to PAMM in the expectation that the mod would be uploaded to PAMM servers in its entirety. This is however not the case. Only the modinfo.json is stored. For the mod to be downloadable from PAMM, the .zip file containing the mod needs to always remain available at the url specified in the modinfo.json.
  17. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Is this still the relevant method for CMM? Or can we please have a new method stickied?

EDIT: Also, I posted in PA, not Titans! I shall double-post:mad:
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Method remains the same.
    carn1x likes this.
  19. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member

20. w33dkingca

w33dkingca Active Member