Steam tweaks reviews system

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ufarax, May 5, 2016.

1. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

xankar, wondible and cdrkf like this.
  2. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

Who cares the review any more? This game is kinda freaking old already. Besides the reviews are only opinions, it's bias to use it to judge whether a game is good or bad.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That looks like a better system, Titans already had a mostly positive average in the mid 70's, however the trolls had managed to get the 'most helpful' section full of only negative reviews (which is silly if over 70% of reviewers like the game). At least this way some of the positive reactions are visible to.

@sycspysycspy the game is still on sale, so the reviews are important as they influence peoples buying decision. I think this new system just allows the game (well all games) to get a fair representation of it's current state so buyers can make an informed choice. PA:Titans isn't perfect, however it has some really good bits and for most people works pretty well- a score of 76% with a mix of 'helpful' reviews strikes me as a good representation of that.
    xankar and Nicb1 like this.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

We needed this eight months ago.

Woah, all the people getting classic for free are hating on it.
    xankar likes this.
  5. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

It seems the cheaper pa got the lower the score got. Its like people are getting the game who have pc's below min spec or don't like this type of game or something.

Also I think it is mostly people who already had the game for a long time adding or changing there reviews because they didn't get titans for free.
    Heizmeister, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  6. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

This. Just this. Nothing more to add here. I have seen too many cases of people trying to run PA on what is basically a tuned-up calculator.