A message TO ALL GUNNERS

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by PKC, February 26, 2011.

1. PKC

PKC New Member

all i do as gunner is spam grenades and kill bots & turrets.

edit: wtf? time zone hax!
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Your primary job is to destroy the enemy TURRETS.

Your minigun does almost no damage to turrets, even if you're juiced (except the firebase).

Your split mortar does incredible damage against turrets.

Your split mortar while juiced does ridiculously absurd damage against turrets.

YOU ARE THE ONLY CLASS THAT CAN TAKE DOWN AN OVERHEALED LV3 ROCKIT TURRET. DO YOUR DAMN JOB

Thanks
  3. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

yeah there are a LOT of bad gunners, i facepalm when i see fellow gunners minigunning turrets
  4. Rammite

Rammite New Member

I'm proud to say I am one of the very very few gunners that attack objectives.

Only problem is that I can say to my team "All of thier turrets are down", only to find my team has no idea what to do.
  5. eternal

eternal New Member

Hi, well. maybe without juice. :p
  6. goathax

goathax New Member

I think it's because most of the people sharp enough to figure out how the game works decide that since Gunner is at a really serious disadvantage (mostly on PC,) they'd rather play something else.

I used to main the class and I still like the big lug, but I reach a point where it's like, "you know, I can bring down a turret with any other class while juiced, and in exchange, I don't have to be the slowest class, really disappointing against bots, do sad amounts of moneyball damage, etc."

I wish they'd at least give him back his XBLA jets.
  7. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

gunner got a HUGE buff with the fact its actually easy to fly and aim now, the jet pack thing isn't really to much of a worry once you get used to playing him, do i miss the old jet packs? obviously, i loved those, would make it better but i don't expect to see them again.
  8. goathax

goathax New Member

I'm gonna defer to your experience here, but do you think it's as big a deal?

I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen people shoot while jetting and actually matter. But pretty much every time I play I wish I could cross a certain gap or get on top of a certain wall, etc.

edit: (And especially compared to the mouse and keyboard benefits to gunner, assault and sniper)
  9. bware

bware New Member

playing gunner a lot,i know this, the problem is getting there, and for that we need some help from, tanks/assasins/assaults, but those are normaly to bizzy doing solo stuff:)

so if you want to take the turrets out, help gunners get there, we can do it solo, takes a lot longer do.....
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Coordinate juice rushes? Once the gunner has juice, ask your assassin to farm some bots for juice, go into their base cloaked, smoke bomb the level 3 rockit turret at the same time the gunner juices up. It takes the pressure off of the assassin as she juices and reduces the effectiveness of the enemy base.
  11. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

Personally I almost always jetpack while shooting on tank & gunner, it saves you from grapples, shock waves and whatnot. Also most people are vertically challenged and will have troubles aiming at you if you're above them, let alone if they're blinded by a product grenade on top of that.
    No you don't, if you got passive to level 3 and gold RoF endorsement anything up to a level 2 rockit with a RoF support healing it goes splat in a few mortar shots, and for everything else building juice on bot waves is ridiculously easy.
  12. goathax

goathax New Member

That's all the more argument for giving Gunner his XBLA jets. He can still get on top of ledges and stuff, but it's a lot more of a pain, and moving from spot to spot requires a lot more precision now.