New Clan Wars

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by sardaukar666, October 5, 2015.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Jeez, if he has those issues then his PC is far below average.

A ping of 150 is not going to have a noticeable impact on performance especially in an RTS game. Number of planets is not the only thing that affects server and client lag; there is also planet radius and number of CSGs. I've seen people stack units in the last clan wars and people were wondering why it was lagging so bad... lel. Maybe there should be a system with one or two planets.

Btw, this tournament should be hosted on a custom server with a very strong CPU. There's no reason not to besides spending a few on rent costs.

If every player starts bots or air on multi-planet systems then they're not high-level players. A lot of these planets are around 600 radius so tanks will be dominant.
    mwreynolds, xankar and tunsel11 like this.
  2. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Hate clan wars creates, fear it beings to the pa community.
    Heizmeister and tunsel11 like this.
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

If game is not capable, can't be used?
    Max of 4?
    Start with air and bots?
    TESTING?
    VERIFYING?
    Last minute?
    Maps people agree on?

[​IMG]
    git gud
    [​IMG]
  4. slocke

slocke Active Member

This is a joke. One of the biggest clans in PA is bringing valid concerns and it is being mocked. This is appalling behavior. I expected better. No one is asking for you to bend over backwards here. We all just want to play and enjoy a fun tournament. Is that too much to ask? You lot are not being sympathetic or inclusive and it is hurting the community at large.

Get your head out of the clouds and sort it out.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If people are refusing to play on the Australia server, then they're derps because I, in western Murrica, have had no problems using the Australia server and I haven't heard of anyone else having any either.
  6. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

It's not just that. It's the organisers refusing to change the time to 20:00 utc instead of 18:00 even though others from other clans have said it is ok with them. It's the no aussie server thing and it's the map concerns brought up. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

In regards to time we are not asking much and yet brn one of the large clans in PA is being ignored regardless.
    Last edited: April 20, 2016
  7. xankar

xankar Post Master General

You're not being mocked, you're being ignored; a better statement would be that your issues have been dismissed. The only ones who aren't being sympathetic towards your case are the tournament organizers which seems to only consist of proeleert (who is the one ignoring you, but in his defense I didn't see anyone else actually making progress in getting this clan wars set up so it's his event and his rules). You expected better? You're offended? It's hurting the community at large? Get your head out of the cloud son.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  8. slocke

slocke Active Member

See this is the attitude I am referring. How are you helping with these statements? Your not. Buck up buddy.
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I already told, I can understand the Aussie Timezone issue. If I'm going to do anything clan wars related in the future I'm going to make it at an Aussie friendly time. Just not this one. Also not all maps will be played. As a token of good will I'll contact each clan leader to vote on a map they don't want to play, the map with the most votes won't be played.
  10. slocke

slocke Active Member

Thank you.
    dom314 likes this.
  11. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

@oksidi Clanwars isn't your run of the mill tournament. They're BIG teams on larger than typical systems. If I can make do with it, so can someone who can actually play the game to a very high standard. I pretty much only just meet minimum requirements.

@xankar PA-Powerpoint edition can happen with single planet systems too.

@violetania This whole 'disregarding aussies' is really starting to bug me. You would be correct in saying there is a disregard for aussies if the organisers didn't care. It is a challenge that no-one has figured out how to completely circumvent with best possible compromise yet.
    Releasing map packs shortly before the tournament has no impact. Yes people will have less time to prepare, but that's even across all teams. Further, everyone was given the chance to submit their own maps etc; according to AndreasG no-one did.

Don't forget that there are more systems than there are rounds in the tourney so it is more than likely that the systems above 4 planets will not be played. Certainly following feedback. [Edit - with potential for veto votes, that makes disliked systems all the more likely to be voided.]

@slocke Concerns are listened to. However, discourse is treated according to the manner in which it is presented.

Don't forget that one of the purposes of this Showdown is to gauge potential attendance for an efficacy of running a full Season 2 as a community (wherein there will be much greater flexibility on timings / systems etc)
  12. slocke

slocke Active Member

Hey buddy calm down kay. People ain't getting pissy cause of the short time they were released in. They are getting pissy cause the maps are subpar.

Oh and I can fully understand why you don't overly care about the poor timing for aussies. Because it doesn't effect you. What you have to understand is that all of us in burning have real lives. We have jobs and families and can't just stay up all night. Burning has 35% of the current players signed up, almost double the number of players the second largest clan entered. We deserve more respect than we get.

And don't try call me out on having a bad attitude when your throwing the shade straight back.
  13. killerkiwijuice

[​IMG]
  14. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Maps could have been submitted by players
    I have a good understanding of 'real life' and the conflict that creates with gaming.
    I think you misinterpret difficulty and challenge in accommodation with a lack of respect.
    My point exactly - bad attitude is self-perpetuating.
  15. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

I think it's time to spread some love,

Here is a Barry White compilation for you guys,

Don't fight, but love

Q
    Alpha2546, psdpro and proeleert like this.
  16. killerkiwijuice

Rip

USA copyright
    Qzipco, xankar, tunsel11 and 2 others like this.
  17. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

I submitted a map....
    nosebreaker and tunsel11 like this.
  18. slocke

slocke Active Member

Saying players could have submitted maps is not a valid excuse for having bad maps. I don't ever remember becoming a tournament organizer so why should it be my responsibility to make sure the maps are good?

No I don't think I am misinterpreting anything but thanks for trying to contribute something meaningful.
    nosebreaker likes this.
  19. sardaukar666

20. sardaukar666

Team Burning did submit a map? Why do the Australians always loose out? gg
    slocke and nosebreaker like this.