New Clan Wars

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by sardaukar666, October 5, 2015.

1. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I'm bugging my map minions everyday. @Alpha2546 @andreasurne
    violetania likes this.
  2. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Important message

The maps will be ready this weekend. I appreciate the patience.We are looking forward to putting together the best maps there is for an event like this and have already taken a look at maps out there/ created.

As you all know there is a lack of good team game maps for big games like we will have(especially multiplanet). Everyone is therefor welcome to submit maps that will be looked at and hopfully selected. This is a opportunity for you to influence the maps. The deadline for this is Saturday 16:00 utc. Pm me the system file (pas format) on the forums. The system should be fitted for 4v4 and 5v5. All different systems are appreciated, multi and single, big and small, multi- or singlespawn. Try to stay away from big gass giants (make it small) radiuses over 1000, too many planets and to csg filled. The ability to move planets or annihilate them are always welcome. The maps should try to prevent to stalemate-ish situation.

Tell all your friends and cousins so that everyone can get a shot at it. The maps submitted don't have to be yours, in that case you should credit the creator.

Love,
    AndreasG and Alpha2546
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I like that you're posting as a couple now. So sweet.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Try the BARE BONES map in my map pack Kappa
    stuart98, xankar and andreasgg like this.
  5. Qzipco

Qzipco Active Member

So I got a view question right,

Will the tourney be single or double elimination?
    will the finals and bronze finals be bo3?
    When will alpha and andreas get married?

Love, Q
    Alpha2546 and dom314 like this.
  6. proeleert

Single Elim.
    Dunno yet for bo3 I'm leaning no.
    This year.
    Qzipco and Alpha2546 like this.
  7. theawesomedog86

theawesomedog86 New Member

Uhh i signed up under MBC and not moon boat crew please fix somehow if you can.
  8. theawesomedog86

theawesomedog86 New Member

Could you put me under moon boat crew instead of MBC i accidentaly did that.
  9. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

It's less than a week till the tournament, how long until the maps are released?
  10. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Less than a week? Wat happened to the time D:
  11. xankar

[​IMG]
    "Albert Einstein"
    Last edited: April 17, 2016
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  12. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Should be up and running. Marriage makes things complicated so it all takes a tad longer!

Marriage

Thats what @andreasurne is going to say when we're on our honeymoon
    andreasgg, nosebreaker and tunsel11 like this.
  13. proeleert

Mappack : "CLANWARS SHOWDOWN 2016 MAPPACK" is out!
    You can find it on PAMM!
    thanks to @andreasurne and @Alpha2546
    andreasgg and mwreynolds like this.
  14. slocke

slocke Active Member

These maps are inappropriate for clan wars.

Rule one of map making for a tournament - Avoid lag.

Come on guys you can do better than this.
    ljfed, sardaukar666, Nicb1 and 2 others like this.
  15. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Welcome All of The Nosebreakers people,

Time zone for Members of the Australian Public. The Nosebreaker proposes a total reworking of the Time Zone for either The Clan wars or The world To make the 4 am attendance time more appropriate.

Server choices for Members of the Australian Public, word on the grape vine is all games will be played on the Cuban server . If that is true its very silly indeed, as Cuban people don't even have the internet yet!
    So how do you expect People from Australia Like The Nosebreaker to play on a server in a country that Has no internet!

Choice of planet size and system size indusive to mass lag! Mot you need to ensure they are playable .. Nice little all moon maps with no terrain no larger than 300 if multi planet systems... only a mad man would release a 600 sized planet in a multi planet system ..

Maps need releasing. Guys stop playing on the maps oops beta testing and start releasing...

As declared head of all things to do with all peoples of The PA.....
    The Nosebreaker has stated a couple points to be addressed.
    Address them you shall!

The Nosebreaker likes this post!
    Furballman, xankar, cdrkf and 5 others like this.
  16. oksidi

oksidi New Member

Saw some of the maps and I disagree with them. It is going to be quite laggy with multiple bigish planets, especially if some people (me) don't have a good pc. I wouldn't want to play/watch a tournament that lags like ****.
    slocke likes this.
  17. xankar

PA: Powerpoint Edition
    smithforce4305 likes this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'll send you more RAM to download via email. PA is supposed to be played on bigger systems with larger teams.

What are your specs?
    tunsel11 likes this.
  19. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

His computer is really average, he can't even open a pip without crashing the game and he lags mid/late game on even single planets. The problem isn't just people's PCs though. On top of Exodus just completely disregarding Aussies, the Australians that want to play will pretty much lag after the first few minutes due to having to connect to Europe and American servers, and lets face it, the likely hood of teams agreeing to play on Aussie servers is nill.
    Speaking of which, 18:00 UTC is 4am Australian east coast time, 2pm New York time and 11am San fransico time. If you moved it to 20:00UTC it'd be 6am AEST, 4pm NY and 11am San Fran. The fact that BRN has the largest clan right now and you just completely disregard Australians because you probably think 6pm is a good time to start casting for European's is just horrible.

Yes PA was meant for playing on a larger scale, but i'm pretty sure they've downgraded the servers, I've definitely noticed a difference so even if someone has an amazing computer it's going to cause server lag. So what's the point on playing on massive 10 planet systems when people get high ping, server lag as well as lag on their computers.
    I mean if you guys can provide footage of high level play on these maps where the lag doesn't slow the game down to like -100 and the games don't take 2 hours then i'll shut up. But it doesn't matter what the game was intended for, if it's not capable of it, we can't used it like that. The max amount of planets i'd go with are 4 at most. 10 is crazy! the 10 planet system is still better than disaster which has multiple 600/700 planets in it. >.>
    Every high level player is going to start with air and bots on those maps.
    On the note of providing gameplay, how much was this actually tested? Did you guys get high level 5v5s playing on these maps and seeing how it goes? And why is this map pack released 5 days before the tournament. It is so last minute! No one has time to review or comment it, at least last time everyone submitted their own maps so everyone had at least 1 map they agreed on.

And that's my 2 cents, i'm sorry for the rage but i'm sick of having to manipulating my sleeping patterns. Pro, you are amazing, you've directed so many tournaments out of your own time and i'm sure this isn't your fault, no shade at you, but i'm going to death stare everyone else.
    cdrkf, dom314, slocke and 1 other person like this.
  20. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

+1 I'd have no shot at playing if it stays the current time as real life happens :(
    slocke likes this.