Feb 24 update

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mastah, February 24, 2011.

1. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

Ping thing is a dumb bug and will be fixed in next update.
  2. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Nice name :D
  3. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

What was it?
  4. Virulence

Virulence New Member

I can attest to this. I got a headshot as a Sniper today for the first time ever on my crappy system. It felt great.
  5. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

I noticed being able to be grappled in mid air as well.

There were at least three comments of WTF in the hour or so I played yesterday from people.
  6. CWalkthroughs

CWalkthroughs New Member

I haven't played Monday Night Combat yet since before February 24th, but after reading throughout this thread, I'm guessing i'm going to have to so I can see what all the fuss is about. :ugeek:
  7. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

Okay, the Sniper's headshot multiplier is definitely still sitting at 5, not 6.7. I use silver armor as a Gunner, but I still I shouldn't be surviving a headshot under any circumstances, yet I am. If the multiplier is 5, that's 850 damage, which I would just barely survive if I'm at full health, and I do. I know I've seen this happen when the Sniper has explosive shots, but I can't tell the difference between penetrating and regular rounds. Perhaps this is only affecting upgraded Snipers?
  8. MasterXC

MasterXC New Member

Upgraded. I've been successful at one-shotting gunners from full health, but I never go without level 2 passive to start.
  9. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

Do you know if they were running silver/gold armor or not? You need at least silver armor to survive one of these broken headshots if my numbers are adding up, so if the gunner doesn't have that he'll still die to the headshot.
  10. s0cks

s0cks New Member

Yup, seen similar things a few times since patch. I bombed an assassin who fell to the floor but then grappled my mate who was still way up on the ledge. Was funny to watch. Then again it happened to me, except this time I was in the air (jetpack) while she was 6ft below.
  11. Fevered

Fevered New Member

Loving the update, with the exception of the air grapple bug. Charging sins has become too risky! :?
  12. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

What's funny is that we actually used to have Air Grapples as a feature. Not all pros could do them, but the ones that could had special animations for them. We cut the feature when we decided it wouldn't get up to the quality level we wanted in time to ship. There were lots of little tough to fix bugs around the system. It's in the realm of possibility they'll reappear as a feature, but I can definitely tell you what you're seeing now is just a bug :)
  13. Heegu

Heegu New Member

I now have to always upgrade to level 3 charge as an assault fast to beat the sin's bug grabble.
  14. nocturne_saint

nocturne_saint Member

Ive had a sin grapple me mid charge. i think thats part of the bug you guys are talking about.
  15. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

You actually can be grappled out of a charge, but the timing is very strict. The glitch is where you throw/charge someone away, then they teleport you over to them and grapple you in midair.
  16. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

i have noticed recently as an assassin that i can lunge at someone try to grapple them and have the grapple not register i then get shot/grappled/charged and as i try to escape my previously unregistered grapple kicks in and i will grapple my opponent while standing on their head
    i can without fail tell when it will happen as it is quite clear when a grapple has not registered as i will warp through or around the other player
    the only thing that stops the grapple on top of head bit is if i am killed after warping past the player