TITANS update 89755 now live

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by jables, October 21, 2015.

1. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Im afraid Im gonna have to agree with you there :( Which is a real damned shame. This game had ALOT of potential...and still had lots of things that needed to get fixed.

I bet the kickstaters who ordered custom commanders are super pissed. If Uber doesnt deliver, there is going to be a lawsuit....
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

If PA failed you I'll bet 50$ Ashes or practically any other game made in an open development fashion will fail you as well. Maybe not directly after release, but you'll very likely reach the point where you're just as unhappy about it.
    Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i heavily doubt ashes will deliver well ... the game looks too much of a techdemo to their engine
    it also lacks unittypes and different options for me to be intresting enough .. i´m also not a fan of a couple mechanics or ways how the game handles progression ..
    Last edited: February 7, 2016
  4. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

I'm awaiting until games are released and out before buying anything now, reading up about Ashes now. :p
  5. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Why SPOIL US ALL?? Don´t touch this post unless it is responding to a dev please
    Heizmeister, stuart98 and FSN1977 like this.
  6. MrTBSC

IF there will be a dev response it may aswell be a new thread
    Last edited: April 29, 2016
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

there's a new build on the PTE
    april fools :^)
    jomiz, whisperr, FSN1977 and 3 others like this.
  8. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUrious joke. Now I officially hate you.
    jomiz, stuart98 and mwreynolds like this.
  9. whisperr

whisperr Member

the best april fools ever man!
  10. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Don´t you think jables would announce it? xd
  11. whisperr

whisperr Member

No, nothing new :) lol
  12. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

Maybe jables posted something earlier :p
  13. MrTBSC

so ashes is out now and while it is a bit early i still do feel like being confirmed on ashes's delivery at them moment it didn't pass 50 k units but since steamspy needs some time its estimations to be somewhat accurate we'll see how it'll do by the end of the moth .... this first impression however? .... yea not good ... ... *sigh*
  14. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

It looks like an extremely boring game. Lack any epicness and doesn´t have the fun factor Pa has. It´s like the got the gameplay really well and then wattered it down to be boring as heck.
  15. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

It looks like an extremely boring game. Lack any epicness and doesn´t have the fun factor Pa has. It´s like the got the gameplay really well and then wattered it down to be boring as heck.
    emraldis likes this.
  16. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well to be fair, PA without mods can be just as boring.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. MrTBSC

i have no problems playing pa without mods ... realy the only mods i primarily use are effectmods and even without them PA is still fun to me and definitively more so than AotS

otherwise this could as well be a statement for any game that you play for an extended period of time
    emraldis and Ksgrip like this.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I dunno about that, I still load up dawn of war, sins of a solar empire and supcom 1,FA,2 everynow and then and find them to be as entertaining.

But I think the problem I have with PA is that it never developed the story beyond a few tid bids of text. Even Sins had enough of a theme and atmosphere along with it's opening cinematic that set the universe and the factions within it.

PA was just, opera music of fighting between faceless factions of nobody's fighting about nothing.
    At least the unit balance is more exiting then grey goos.... which is a shame beyond the weird *** ending to the story.

What ever happened to RTS games where the factions are in a eternal grudge match?
  19. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Personally I found Fa to be overly complex and playing it on the long run is bit fun. It is always the same thing over and over and over. At least in Pa i have gimmicky looking units that makes me smyle when i look at them.

Also, I wonder why nobody did a decent continuation of american conquest. i ******* loved that game. I need it with more!! Better ui and zoom out.
  20. MrTBSC

difference between me and you here is i don´t care about story or lore ..
    about faceless factions, yea i give you that .. there is simply something facinating and enjoyable about rivaling factions with differing ideologies and battle philosofies ... warhammer fantasy and wh 40k are THE rolemodel for that imo ..
    i mean i get that same sensation from supcom playing cybran or protoss watching stacraft 2 games ..
    and when in a 40k game tau clash with orks it pumps me to no end .. but then again we are talking about a game with low budget that had to cut corners ..
    Last edited: April 7, 2016
    Ksgrip likes this.