Andreas G Casual 3 tournament - No skill required; special bracket for low skill players

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by andreasgg, March 30, 2016.

1. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Andreas G Casual small.png
    Hello and welcome to the most casual tournament in the history of humans (except for the two previous)! Sign-up if you want to participate in a fun event filled with amazing people. Feel free to join the event in any way or form you like. I hope to see as many players as possible in RLM TeamSpeak (ts.the-realm-gaming.co.uk) where we are going to hang out, trash talk and have fun. No skill requirements to join, just come as you are. New players are definitely welcome. I advise you to bring your friends, family and relatives cuz this is going to be good (I’ve heard Qzipco has already made sure his mum can watch and AdmiralGeneral has invited the whole family on a tv night)​

When: Saturday 2nd 18 UTC
    Where: At our place in front of the computer, in PA:TITANS and at RLM ts
    Why: Because it is going to be amazing
    What: It is double elimination with a special bracket for bronze- gold*
    How:
    Damn you for asking so manny questions

Can you challenge the routined nerds that dominate the competitive scene or are you going to give them the finger and show them what some real fun looks like? It is completely up to you. No prizes are given out as this is a casual event meant to have fun. I will title one of the participants with the Most Casual Player Of The Month.

(*)If we have enough bronze-gold players joining we will host a separate bracket for them that run parallel to the one for platinum-uber. I therefore advise you to bring the word around that this event is taking place so we can make that happen!!

Expected Runtime: 2 – 4 hours (depending on players)

Read Rules and Requirements please, also show up 20 minutes before start in patournaments in pachat.

Matches will take place on maps from following mappack that you can find in PAMM UI Mods : Andreas G 1v1 MapPack and Alphas Map Pack

Everyone who wishes to cast the event are welcome to do so. Please contact @proeleert so that he can add links on exodus esports etc.

Love,
    The only,

Andreas G
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Special bracket for low skill players? Looks like I'll be right at home in there :p
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Casuals everywhere
    Last edited: March 31, 2016
    tunsel11, Nicb1 and stuart98 like this.
  4. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

can i be a low skilled player? #noobagain
    jomiz and dom314 like this.
  5. andreasgg

Could be cool to have a pov stream from you there! I say go for it if you are keen ofc ;)

The Casuality is determend by the content of the games not by the names of the player. You of all players should know that Xankar :p

You are welcome to join the tournament elite :) If you want to play in the lower bracket I am sure we can fix that (I honestly dont know where your skill level is atm)

To everyone who is unranked etc, just sign up and we will fix it :)
  6. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

7. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

silver scrub would like to play but can't this weekend. :(
  8. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

I might cast if you dont mind :p
  9. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Fite me o_O
  10. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Ill salt your fields dont test me ;)
    wpmarshall likes this.
  11. andreasgg

And we are live in 1h!!

All players get to PAChats patournaments thorugh the command "/join pa tournaments" 20 min before start.

It is still possible to sign up for everyone who havn't gathered the currage untill now.

Brackets will be seperated and finalized when whe know who shows up.

Map list has been holded back so that we can keep the tournament casual. I wanted to avoid a situation where someone prectise hard one them (mainly talking about Qzipco)
    The Map list is as followed were maps are played chronologically.

Map list:

1. TheClassyBarren (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

2. Hades (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

3. OvercookedPizza (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

4. TheWall (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

5. Tundra (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

6. Venetzia (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

7. ColdFeets (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

8. T- Insanateria (Alphas Mappack)

9. TropicanHoneyDonut (AndreasG 1v1 Pack)

Good luck gentlemen :)

AndreasG
    Last edited by a moderator: April 2, 2016
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

13. river39

river39 Active Member

Thanks for organizing the tournament it was a lot of fun to cast!
    andreasgg likes this.
  14. psdpro

psdpro Member

Great job casting @river39. I wasn't at home to play in the tourney but being able to watch your cast was the next best thing. Thank you!
    n00n and river39 like this.
  15. andreasgg

Just wanted to thank everyone for an amazing tournament. It completely blew my mind how big interest it was for it!! To me this just shows how wanted this type of an event has actually been. It is quite surprising how a "no prize tournament" can be the biggest since September last year with Clash of the Titans. I hope everyone had a good event, and I would love some feedback on how it was or how we could improve. For those of you who missed it, due to the success of this one we will be back in some time with another one, possibly with even more players joining.

I want to give a special thank you to the amazing @proeleert who stood by my side (more like I stood by he's lol) and helped me to make this event run so smoothly. If it wasn't for exodus esports many people wouldn't know that this went down.
    I also want to thank the casters who casted brilliantly for four hours. Ive got tons of feedback from players who praise how you guys covered the casual side of the tournament so heavily. It is for the casuals I mainly hosted the tournament so amazing that they get some spotlight between all else. There is definitely a lot of interest (and lessons) in watching some more "normal" players play. I am also sure a lot of players had a blast being casted for their first time. Good stuff @g0hstreaper and @river39.

Also there were a lot of players who played their first pa tournament. I hope you enjoyed it, and that I will see you in future events.

Congratulations to @tasbot who won the casual bracket and who is the best casual player! Some good and entertaining games from you. Hope to see you back next time and defend your title, or maybe challenge the "pros"
    Also congratulation to the runner up @chrisjshull for a solid second place and a good tournament. Better luck next time.

Also thank you to everyone who played in the pros. You guys is just as entertaining every time and we all have something to learn from you.

Also congratulations to @Qzipco who won the pro bracket and is the "best pro player" or rather the most fake casual ;)
    Good tournament and better luck next time to runner up AdmiralGeneral.

See you all, until next time :)

Love and kisses and hugs and harts

Andreas G
    Last edited by a moderator: April 4, 2016
  16. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

n00n and andreasgg like this.
  17. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I challenge you to a duel!

So @andreasurne when's the next one?