February Patch Issues

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by frotorious, February 26, 2011.

1. frotorious

frotorious New Member

The following is the list of reported changes from the February 24th Update:
    However, there are a number of issues that are being noticed. Here are a few:

Grappling in mid-air is being seen
    Assassin's smoke bomb jump seems buggy, and will often not work when taking damage
    Pings shown on the scoreboard are currently showing values around 1/4 of what they should be, and is expected to be patched

Are there additional issues that people would like to report or discuss?
    Last edited: February 26, 2011
  2. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Re: Unreported Patch Changes

Those aren't changes, those are just side effects of something in the net code going wonky.
  3. frotorious

frotorious New Member

Oh interesting. Has this been discussed with any admin confirmation in other topics? Does this also mean that these "changes" will be reverted upon the next update?

EDIT: I have changed my original post to reflect what has been talked about in this thread. I no longer refer to the issues as 'unreported changes'
    Last edited: February 26, 2011
  4. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Last night, a new player and poor assassin face grappled me out of my assault charge *5* times in one game, including three times at very close range (i.e. he had just a fraction of second to react). I don't know if the new patch had anything to do with that, but I don't see excellent assassins with that kind of impeccable timing and reaction, let alone brand new ones. Not sure if the new patch had anything to do with this (maybe he truly was just on his game or got lucky or whatever), but I thought it was interesting and worth throwing in here. :)
  5. Crispy

Crispy New Member

This patch has been really buggy in regards to grapples. I've grappled and have been grappled by people in midair. Some highlights include grappling a tank using a jump pad (and killing him) in midair and being grappled in the middle of a smoke bomb jump and getting rung out (with juice) by an assault.
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Nothing has changed in grapple code but if you're playing with some lag it will seem like air grapples are happening. The in game ping is showing 1/4 what it should be and that will be fixed in a patch.
  7. Crispy

Crispy New Member

I'll take your word for it, but I'm using a wired connection and connect to servers fairly close to me. In addition, I haven't had this problem until the patch.
  8. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

Well, I had no problems with mid-air grapples before the patch, especially while playing on official ams'es. Ping module has to be looked into though, it claimed I had ~30ms ping on US server, whereas server browser was showing ~160ms.
  9. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Ive been mid air grapples a few times since patch.. seems to happen near ledges, i'ts most likely net code.
  10. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Not in the grapple code, but in the net code in general.

I mean, you surely did SOMETHING. Before the patch I had maybe 2 or 3 cases of "air grapples" in all my 130 hours playing. Ever since the patch I've had it happen over 10 or 15 times already, it's really unnerving.
  11. tinygod

tinygod New Member

you can now be air grappled out of a charge 3 as an assault

it must consider you on the ground or something

i'm consistently doing it
  12. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

And I thought it was me failing.
  13. Myst

Myst New Member

Sounds like what everyone is talking about is the same thing that happens at 0:45 in this vid

I've had this happen at least 5 other times since the patch, with tank and assault charges, and it has never happened before.
  14. frotorious

frotorious New Member

Someone pointed out 'especially near ledges'. I had something interesting happen to me that seemed buggy near a ledge also... as an Assassin, someone charged me and I started flying off the map. I must have been pressing right-click though, because after being tossed off a bit, I was right back in the map grappling a bot. The grapple saved me somehow. I chalked this up to lag at the time, although it said my ping was 8 (but we know this is not accurate).
  15. eternal

eternal New Member

Watching that video really shows that the assassin's lunge is probably on too short of a CD considering how you basically use it in place of using Dash most of the time. It was probably less of an issue on the 360 when you couldn't make 90degree turns mid lunge :p

However this isn't the thread to discuss this so I'll drop it for now.

Was pretty funny seeing that air grapple.