PLEASE, need help. Avenger's explosions terrible stuttering

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Wurutana, February 6, 2016.

1. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

(Sorry double post)Now I remember, I've yet done the driver update with audio, because when I transfered from socket 775 to i7 I downloaded the latest and nothing changed, besides the fact that was a full format...
  2. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

A simple question. Can someone teach me how to remove EVERY sound related to satellites' deaths? Or at least to Avengers' one...
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Just a thought, is it possible the problem is related to umbrellas? Just reading through your description of the issue that might also be possible?

Best option is try turning off the sounds one by one. I'm sure @KillerKiwiJuice or one of the other talented modders can tell you what you need to do (I think it's pretty simple actually, there should be a sound event trigger in the unit json file, I'd guess just remove that line).
  4. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I am planning on doing an optimisation pass for More Pew Pew soon, would you be willing to try it out again once that happens? Also, was it the update with the muzzle flash particles that gave you issues?
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

I'm not sure which update it was, just that it was causing stuttering (possibly in combination with bigger explosions).

My desktop machine is an AMD fx so was probably hitting against the single core bottleneck. Let me know when you're ready to test and I'll try the new version...
    dom314 likes this.
  6. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

I'm pretty sure that it is not related to Umbrellas, beacause it happens even with Avengers vs Avengers battles...always with that strange particular of Fog of War...I'll do ALL the test you want Dom314, but I can assure you that the issue happens with and without any mods...and I regular use your "Pew Pew" :)...ok...if KillerKiwiJuice or any angel-soul will help me disabling that particular sound (or familyo f sounds if it is related to all satellites) I'll can play again PA-T *_*
  7. dom314

Go to /pa/units/orbital/base_orbital/base_orbital.json
    Find:
    Code:
    "audio_cue":"/SE/Death/orbital",
    and remove it (including the comma!)
    Go to /pa_ex1/units/orbital/orbital_fighter/orbital_fighter.json
    Find:
    Code:
    ,"died":{"audio_cue":"/SE/Death/orbital"}
    and remove it (once again including the comma)
    That should remove the died sound effect for the avenger.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

*_* *_* *_* IT WORKS!!!
    OMG!!!
    Ehm ehm, sorry I'm so happy *_*!!!
    NOW, I've done the test only...now...because I've not been able to do it before; wasn't at home. 380 Avengers died perfectly smoothly; tried it double times because I wanted to be completely sure. IT WORKS!!! I've checked the audio thread utilization inside the Creative Panel and was minimal; I think that something about rendering explosions' audio inside the orbital zone is not well recognized and was givin' issues...I'm 95% sure about this because I've checked with all other orbital units and orbital buildings, and it STILL happens, but with Avengers not anymore...

So, now I've a GREAT favor to ask you, @dom314; first of all thanks to you and all of the readers for help, but one last ask: May you please post here, as you've done yet for Avengers, the lines that I have to delete and from which file I have to in order to remove ALL explosions of orbital units and structures??? *_*
    Please, so I'll be FINALLY able to play the game after 5 month of TESTS to remove completely this stuttering *_*
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. cdrkf

+1, in fact Dom if you fancy making this into a quick mod I've been noticing a bit of stutter with orbital so wouldn't mind trying this. Think it might be a useful addition on PAMM...
  10. dom314

Is it just explosions or is it weapons as well?
  11. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

JUST EXPLOSIONS...of every orbital unit and structure...
  12. dom314

Okay, give me some time and I will whip something up :p.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Thank you very very much...
  14. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

Hi guys, I know I may be boring, but please, to you specially Dom314; I want to play this game *_* *_* *_*: any news about which lines I have to delete in order to remove every explosions of orbital units and orbital structures?
  15. dom314

Last edited: February 27, 2016
    Nicb1 and elodea like this.
  16. Wurutana

Wurutana New Member

OMG!!! It works perfectly!!! THANKS *_* ... FINALLY I CAN PLAY!!!!!
    Man YOU shoud be in the staff of Uber for this game...it would be even greater...thanks very much :D
    cdrkf and dom314 like this.