Our one step solution to overtime juicing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Demigod At Play, February 22, 2011.

1. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I think I remember this match, it was on GIII right? Don't worry, I'm 10 times worse when playing as a Sin :D
  2. Mail

Mail New Member

It was, yeah. You were fun to play with though, even though we got stomped by their assaults(or at least I did).

EDIT: Just found out my internet is cutting out on monday, not sure if it's coming back. I suppose I'll play blitz until then.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Oh pooy. Here's hoping Blitz will keep you entertained until you get your internet up and running again.
  4. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Here's my feelings on how the end of a round could work:

Overtime should only occur if both moneyballs have the *exact* same health. So if neither moneyball was ever damaged during the course of a game, then OT should occur. If both moneyballs went down and took the *exact* amount of damage (one in a million chance), then OT occurs. However, if one moneyball is hurt more than the other when the round ends, then it's game over: the team with the less damaged moneyball wins right there, no OT needed. I think this would help prevent games from going offense vs. defense, since if your moneyball is hurt more than theirs, then you know that you can't rely on overtime juicing and you must push out of your base to have any hope of winning the game.

If you remove overtime in the server settings, it's kind of the same thing as this. The only difference is the round will end and base the winner off of most collective team money instead of going into OT if neither moneyball took damage.
  5. killien

killien Active Member

Cedar, you reminded me of the Onslaught gametype in UT2004
    When OT hits in that one, both cores start losing health, but each node the team controls slows down the drain by a percentage

Maybe something like that could be rigged for Crossfire where the team with more bots on the field has a stronger moneyball or it just takes less damage

Then again, OT can be the great equilizer, especially if your team is managing to hold the enemy at bay but just can't make progress