Movies !!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by tatsujb, February 4, 2015.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Just finished watching Ex Machina. I think the best way to explain my thoughts is to list my emotions as the movie played out:

Fascinated.

Uncomfortable.

Creepy.

I don't care if she's a robot she is damn sexy.

I am now officially completely paranoid about using search engines.

Oh fluck you! Fluck you fluck you! Why did the pilot even take you!? Fluck you! You're really pretty though.... Want to go stare at an intersection?
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. Geers

This trailer got me re-hyped after the last one killed ma hype:

3. irvlipschitz

irvlipschitz Member

Why are movie trailers called "trailers"?

The term "trailer" comes from their having originally been shown at the end of a feature film screening. That practice did not last long, because patrons tended to leave the theater after the films ended, but the name has stuck.
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Omg please make it go back to this.
    I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE not to have to sit through ads for my movie and for my movie to start right on time
  5. Geers

[​IMG]

I don't mind it too much. Actual ads are annoying but trailers are fine. Besides, gives you a buffer in case you're running late.
    tatsujb and cdrkf like this.
  6. Geers

So I saw Deadpool.

I'm a little disappointed tbh. It was good and all but I don't like the back-and-forth way they paced it and it doesn't feel like there were too many actual fight scenes.

Colossus is cool though. I love characters that can just walk into a crowd of people and just bat them out of the way like nothing.
  7. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  8. tatsujb

so I saw no country for old man.... boy....
  9. Geers

Did you really think I'd miss that?

And tag for spoilers ya scrub!
  10. tatsujb

11. Geers

Kate McKinnon looks like the only good one :/
  12. Geers

HEY EVERYONE!

13. tatsujb

saw hateful eight.
    not disappointed.
  14. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Much better than I expected.
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Saw kung fu panda 3 last night, great film if you like the series.
    Geers likes this.
  16. tatsujb

really?

I mean I fukin LOVED the first one but this third installment was to me shockingly bad. I mean appallingly bad and generic with racist sugar-coating to ..... make that bett....errr??????
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

'racist sugar-coating'? Did we watch the same thing? I don't think it lives up to the first one, but it's easily on par with the second. I think all 3 are good fun and critically *shouldn't be taken too seriously* :p

I certainly wouldn't say it's 'shockingly bad', what it did do was follow the established formula for Kung Fu Panda for both the films and the series: Big bad guy shows up who is seemingly invincible. Po has to master some new ability which also seems impossible, just as Po is about to be defeated he learns the new skill and saves the day. It's pretty predictable, but then again it is a film aimed at children so when you go in you know who's going to win.
  18. tatsujb

yeah but this time it just didn't do it for me. I knew from the very first second I wouldn't be able to enjoy it if I didn't shut off my brain. So I shut of my brain before starting it but the movie was obnoxious about wanting to turn my brain back on by not allowing any joke at all to be anything other than A: a racial stereotype that in 2016 it's crazy to be hearing when any number of other racial themed jokes are deemed acceptable/funny. they just chose humor that's very heavily 1980-1990. or B: just plain unfunny. (I'm a mantis and I'm green also jade is green)

I get it it's for kids. stop expecting dreamworks to live up to the quality of pixar which is movies for everybody... but they have in the past. their "Road to El Dorado" is actually fukin fantastic.

and really I didn't get that racist vibe from the first kung fu panda as much.

also the scenario in this one was much more throw away than the previous.
    it's not even po that learned a technique it looked like he couldn't. it's a whole ******* crowd and they learned it spontaneously on the spot without even gratifying us with at least a montage.

it's insulting.

and since "it's for kids not for me!" then what kind of message does it give to this bespoke audience :
    "hey kids! if ever you have problems in life like that terrifying gigantic essay that one teacher asked you to hand in.... just ignore it! relax and play the playstation or xbox. just put it off to the last second and you'll do it then easy peasy!"
    Last edited: March 13, 2016
  19. Geers

aka reality.

We've all been there.

It's the circle of life.
  20. tatsujb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: wow it just occured to me how hilarious it would be if rafiki was holding an essay instead of pumba in those gifs.
    Last edited: March 13, 2016