[Workaround] Stuck green all over the planet on AMD cards

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thekarlmarx, August 20, 2015.

1. Bostonjunk

Bostonjunk New Member

I have a 390 so I'm unaffected, but my housemate has a 380 - is there any test we can run that'll produce useful logs?

EDIT:
    I have found a program called GLIntercept - should I post a full debug log, or something more specific?

EDIT 2: I've realised this program is way too technical for me. I've tried but I can't get it to produce any logs. PA Titans does also launch as normal PA when I tried, which is peculiar. Anyone able to offer some guidance?
    Last edited: January 17, 2016
  2. maxoknh

maxoknh New Member

Not sure if this will be any help, but I've found a similar visual artifact problem in Battlefield 4. If anybody here plays, you know how BF4 highlights the player that killed you in Orange, well it highlights the whole screen orange with some strange square parts that aren't orange around objects. It is an extremely similar effect to what is happening in my PA, along with everyone elses. I want to be sure to anyone thinking I'm just here complaining about my problem, I'm not. I could also be completely incorrect in assuming that these problems are related, and my post here is useless. I have a 380 with the same drivers as the rest of everybody with this visual artifacting in PA. I'm not a knowledgeable person when it comes to the inner workings of programs and games, but maybe a bigger game having the same shading issues could push AMD to actually address this problem? Or help pinpoint what the problem actually is?
    dom314 and tunsel11 like this.
  3. p911magazine

p911magazine Member

Is there any solution now? :)
    I actually update my video card, I'll let you know if it works !
    cdrkf and tunsel11 like this.
  4. p911magazine

p911magazine Member

It doesn't work…
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

What card did you get?
  6. p911magazine

p911magazine Member

R9 380x
  7. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

I'm soo very angry, my eyes are flows out therefor this green layer. I built a whole new pc cause the original PA requirements is too high to my old pc and i cant play cause not enough memory. I bought a new with lots of memory and i choose a (f*ckin) r9 380 video card... and here i am. i cant play this game cause this card's driver (or the game) is bugging. Hurray!
    tunsel11 likes this.
  8. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

I hate this club.... :( please devs, do something!
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

they've already tried to contact AMD
  10. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

yes, i read this and im appresiate, but nothing changed... its not mine or ur game (but its ur and my money, who bought the original PA and the TITANS). its the dev's job. try to contact AMD again & again & again & again & again & again until this bug is disappear.
    Last edited: February 16, 2016
  11. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

12. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

13. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

can i help u with windows 10 x64?
  14. cdrkf

I'm sorry but this is ubers problem not AMD. Given the number of games out there AMD can't be expected to bug fix for all of them. It's ubers responsibility to make sure their product works. I mean this isn't like some of the issues with ancient cards that should have been retired years ago, this issue exists with AMDs latest (and future from the looks of it) cards. That is a large group of players they are throwing under a bus imo, and its only going to get larger. Hopefully sxx can do something.
    mckenzies and tunsel11 like this.
  15. killerkiwijuice

Lol wat? AMD made the drivers, not Uber. That's like saying it's a person's (Uber) fault for eating bad food then getting sick, instead of it being the restaurant's (AMD) fault.
  16. killerkiwijuice

Of course, but we don't really know any more do we? They might be trying really hard to fix it.
  17. cdrkf

You are assuming that it's not an error with the PA graphics engine that has been exposed by a correction in AMDs driver. Either way uber know the engine and I'm certain can fix the faulty shader. I mean lots of things didn't work when uber built the engine in the first instance, that wasn't AMDs or nVidias fault though was it?

Fact is they've stopped bug fixing. The 'it's AMDs fault' is an excuse. It's been the best part of a year since the issue arose, it's effecting more and more cards, someone should fix it. As its ubers game, revenue and reputation I think they should take this more seriously irrespective of if it's their fault or not. Case in point someone damages your car in a hit and run, do you

a: scream about how it's not your fault and do without the car or

B: get the car fixed so you can move on with the rest of your life.

Who is at fault is totally the wrong question.

What should be asked is how do we fix it?
    p911magazine and tunsel11 like this.
  18. killerkiwijuice

I dunno I guess we're both assuming. DOesn't matter though, main thing is to fix it rather than debate who caused it :)
    cdrkf and tunsel11 like this.
  19. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Who in this thread can reproduce the issue on latest drivers?
  20. mckenzies

mckenzies New Member

i have the latest 16.1.1 driver. what can i do for u?