Where is the community??

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by superdread3000, February 2, 2016.

?

Want the developers to add new content?

1. Hell yaas

82.4%
  2. Naaw m8

17.6%
  1. superdread3000

superdread3000 New Member

So, I was recently knocked back down to bronze from silver because the only people playing 1v1 matches are uber. So explain to me why this game has **** for a community... No one is ever on 1v1 so I cant even get back to silver. ALSO> There are hardly any updates. Why has the developer seemingly abandoned the game? Don't they know they will make loads of more money and feel alot better about themselves if they simply add stuff? The community needs you devs! I own both PA games and neither of them have ever met my standard of fun, strategic, or PLAYABLE. I'm SIMPLY BEGGING you, PLEASE do more updates! And please get off your asses and show the community a REAL RTS!!!! This game has so much more potential: do not waste it. Here are some examples of what to do to line your pockets full: Hire modders, work every day on your game adding updates every WEEK, Have a proper experimental version for maximum community feedback, make some dev vlogs, and maybe use your forums for once.
  2. stylisticsagittarius

stylisticsagittarius Active Member

Thin the dev's had to many slaps in the face from troll people. It is a shame but i can't blame them.

As for the 1vs1 ranked. I like battles with more people to get a big randomness effect in both spawn places and army movements. I think many people like this as well since it gives an entirely diffrent feeling then most rts games.

For me games must be fun and not die hard competitive...
    That is the reason i will never play a ranked 1vs1 game...
    Nicb1 likes this.
  3. superdread3000

superdread3000 New Member

Ok i get it im a die hard apparently. But why does the community not play?? To me, there should be tons of people in 1v1 queue. The devs just need to crack down and use some of our hard earned cash to make the game better.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I suspect most people play FFA and team games. I love 1v1 but I think we're a minority of the total number of players.

The game has had a bunch of updates and is basically released, and finished. Uber will probably make more money by developing new games at this point. I'd love to have more development on PA and have some new features implemented, but this is not realistic. Also, from the start the game has been moddable. So that's a thing.

"Feel a lot better about themselves?" I should think, and hope, that they feel pretty damn good about themselves considering the success and artistic integrity of PA. Most games do not come this close to the original vision for the game, as written by one of the developers of the game (mkrater, I think, wrote that article about PA development).

"Get of your asses." That's unjustified and rude. Get of your own ***? And it IS a real RTS!

Try and have some understanding of the videogame industry and running a business. You can't always get what you want, so relax your pants. Arguably it is people such as yourself that have made the developers shy away from the forums. The backlash from disgruntled people in the community was rather ridiculous, in my opinion.
    badfucatus and Ksgrip like this.
  5. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

So true.

Also so sad, but yeah this was the kind of **** that got out of hand. Mainly from people who hasn´t played enought time, don´t know really the game and it´s developing history and just look at the most recent patch note, not even wondering what was done before...

Also, Pa is indeed really strategic, it is the knowledge of the units and it´s capabilities what makes you win. I´ve seen sooo many times some oveconfident ant spammer get reckt by a group of 20 kestrels cause the though they didn´t need aa.

Also as a side note, the game was designed with a big scale on mind, 1 v 1 are mostly ****... Some even never get into t2.
    You want the most fun? play a 3v3 or 4v4 in a 3-4 planet system.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  6. zihuatanejo

FFA games are a lot of fun, more fun than 1v1. 1v1 just pleasures my competitive zone ;) I love large scale FFA games on a single planet. Indeed, the first PA video on my YT channel is a 32 player FFA on a single planet, hosted on a custom server by @cola_colin, iirc. It was a blast, even though the sim speed got down to like 10% by the end!

Team games are fun too if you're playing with friends/clanmates.
    tunsel11, huangth and Nicb1 like this.
  7. nineball1986

nineball1986 New Member

Sorry but uber lost most of its communtiy with the way it has acted with its early broken release of Vannilla PA , Its attempt to kickstart another game during PA development and then the shock release of titans to only certain community members for free splitting the small player base.

They Dont update it because they have no money because of there own foul business practices. There getting what they deserve sorry to say.
  8. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

There are usually a fair number of people playing.
    I recommend getting PAMM and PAStats so you have ability to use the chat system built therein.
    Also consider contacting other gaming communities that have grown around PA such as the Realm, NW, Promethean, BRN if they're still around, etc.

IMO the game really shines in larger scale games such as 2v2 and up. But people play a good number of 1v1 games - this is the importance of having PAStats chat because more 1v1 games are organised through that.

As for the dev situation, your guess is as good as mine :'(
    xankar likes this.
  9. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Phhp callling
    Phhp calling uber fouls for how they managed the game is plain stupid...
    Saying that, it was not the best way of handling things but probably the most feasible for the company.

Also the game was not broken, It was WITH LESS FEAUTRUES but definitely not broken.
    Either way keep in mid that the were ACTIVELY DEVELOPING THE GAME FOR A FREAKING YEAR after your so called launch. Even being stated by the company as just a business move... to atrack more people to the game.

Also that bittering hatred towards Uber for releasing free content to someone besides you, is foolishly enough to make me cringe. It seems someone doesn´t that Pa is theirs and can do whatever the want with it.

"O hey, those african bastards are getting my so deserved food, that I earned solely by my plain existence..."
    Nicb1 likes this.
  10. corwin1

corwin1 Member

I also come back few days ago, and the reason I'll probably go away again is sadly just that - no players. 1v1 games are great in the rare cases where you get equal opponent. But most of the time the match is really decided before you even start playing. And no, not showing opponent's rank doesn't help any. (I rather wish there was handicap system in place. That can really help with small player bases.)

Bigger games are even harder to get going and are just as random and unbalanced. And if not unbalanced, they potentially take too long or become unplayable due to lag.

The lack of players (and updates) is really sad to see, given that PA really is one of the best multiplayer RTS games you can play at the moment. Maybe even the best; it's not like there's been much competition recently.
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Personally I play the occasional FFA10 before getting frustrated at how cancer air is. The Zeus is king and I always forget that. Lol.

No t3 aa really hurts a game with t3 air lol.

Regardless,1v1 is never fun. Play team games and FFAs and use the PAChat system to get connected with other players.
  12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

I think the Zeus is really easy to deal with, if you don´t believe me spare a holkins for a zeus to come. Take the shot and have fun looking that mole go done
  13. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

This tread has so much bait in it. For both good and bad sides of the "community" argument, have fun kids.
    Nicb1 and proeleert like this.
  14. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

I don't like to play this game anymore since there are still some things which needs to be fixed (balance, system editor and probably some other stuff too) and it looks like they will never be, and it feels like community will just slowly die if it continues like this. And of course I'm just getting bored of this too, if there were seasons or something like this it would be really refreshing.
  15. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

It's odd but to be honest the game loses some appeal to me because there is no development, or no apparent development. I say odd because I play many other games that are no longer developed.. actually I think EVERYTHING I play is no longer actively developed..lol.. "get those kids off my lawn!!" So why do I feel different about PA than all the other undeveloped games I play? Probably because PA makes me sad.. the way part of the community destroyed it's future is depressing. I only game a few hours a week at most lately and spread that over many genres.. It's the same for the forums. I don't hang out here much either anymore. I do check in from time to time to see if Uberent wakes from hibernation. :)
    Last edited: February 2, 2016
    Bsport, cdrkf and dom314 like this.
  16. zihuatanejo

I'm not going to engage any further in this conversation (beyond this post!) (probably!). Why? Because stupid.

Seriously, the majority of dissenters simply do not understand the games industry, and running a business. A kickstarter campaign for another game whilst developing PA? OMG! HOW DARE THEY!

Like, it isn't as if they had artists sitting around doing nothing while the developers worked on PA. Oh no. They wren't trying to be efficient with their staff's time. And obviously a game studio with many employees can only work on one game at a time. I mean, that's just frickin' obvious isn't it.

Anyway, I'm not going to ramble on like I usually do :) I shall get more work done and go home and enjoy playing PA:Titans because I kickstarted an awesome game along with thousands of other people.
    Nicb1, radongog, Murcanic and 2 others like this.
  17. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I'm a rebel so I will say it again.. I would totally back a kickstarter on something like "PA2: Revenge of the Titans" :D I would even back a HR kickstarter just to see the PA engine continued.
    tunsel11, radongog and mwreynolds like this.
  18. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

1st: I´m not a fan of 1v1-fan in PA, neither unranked or ranked, as I´m not that much a 1v1-fan in general.
    2nd: My playmates and I had some stressfull times in the last years; wasn´t easy to find an evening on which we had time to play good old shared army game. And when we had, 89755 was already out for some time, so we decided to wait for the next patch...
    ...well, you know the rest of the story so far... :(
    3rd: Another crowdfunding-campaign for Uber, we need another crowdfunding campaign for Uber!
  19. trashmanf

trashmanf New Member

I can always find a 1v1 in a minute or two. And don't mind being matched up against someone better. It's called a challenge.

If I wanted to win 1v1s I would just play the AI lol.

I still see ridiculous clever creative 1v1 players - yesterday some guy on Pacific walked his commander all the way across the planet, rolled up on my base with hovertanks and t1 naval. Hilarious and pretty good strategy.

1v1 is fun because you don't get lagged as hard as the big systems with lots of players.