Sound cuts out after opening Pip window in game.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by maxcomander, January 11, 2016.

1. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Tittle say's it all really, opening the pip window in game cut's out all sound 3/4 times. After this bug useing steams "validate integrity of game cach" feature find's one corrupt file which fixes the problem until I use the pip function in game again.

Attached Files:

2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

does it say which file is invalid?
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

There are quite a lot of crashes in that DxDiag.txt by the way. I see Internet Explorer and Battlefield 4 crashes in there as well as PA server crashes. Are you sure this problem is isolated to PA?
  5. maxcomander

I don't think so it just say's one file failed to validate and will be reacquired. Will double check that...

Tried to find the log's in app data/uber entertainment but no folder's relating to uber are there, am using the steam version might that folder be different for steam?

Have just done a fresh install and only have 3-4 games installed currently (Win 10 in place upgrade did not work well for me, lol).
    Bf4 run's fine so far as I have played it (not that much) however I did have to change default browser from edge back to Ie as edge is not supported by battlelog apparently so that may have something to do with the bf4 crash...
  6. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

For logs paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation into an explorer window.
  7. maxcomander

Thanks bud here they are (posted latest 3).

Attached Files:

8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Does the sound cut out in all of the sessions from those logs?

Steam should be keeping logs as well. I think there is a steam.log or a logs directory in Steam somewhere. That should enable you to find which file keeps getting corrupted.

Also if you verify the cache, run the game, close the game and verify the cache again, do you still get the corrupted file? That is, without even playing with the PiP. Or even try verifying two times in a row.

And another question: If the sounds cuts out and you restart PA, there is still no sound? The verifying is absolutely necessary?

I'd also be tempted to try installing PA on a different drive. Files shouldn't just get corrupted like that. Not sure if you can easily do that with Steam, but you can with the UberLauncher.
  9. maxcomander

Just played some galactic war to reproduce the error, it took me a about 3 games before it happened this time and was during a multi planet game..

This is the log from that session.

Attached Files:

10. maxcomander

Have just played 6 more galactic war games but have been unable to repeat the bug, you can change drives easily on steam but have not tried fresh install. It's looking to me as though I have to do something specific in game to trigger it will keep trying to replicate and record video so I can see which actions if any are causing the bug.

In past instances the game had no sound until I did the cache thing in steam (no sound after just restarting the game).

Re the game log's question The latest dated one definitely had the crash the last game of a set of 3 or 4. Not sure about the previous ones but very likely as I had it happen almost every time I played.
    Last edited: January 11, 2016
  11. maxcomander

Not sure exactly what's changed but the bug has gone have been unable to replicate it after hour's of play. Maybe a windows update fixed it or something I have no idea but all seems ok now.
  12. maxcomander

Had one more instance of the crash, but found out the firmware on my 2 840 evo's needed updating. Since doing this not had the crash happen.

Added this just in case other's run into the same problem.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  13. maxcomander

Face palm...no it still happening just a lot less often, this time restarting the game worked (no need for steam cach thing). Going to try istalling the game to my hdd see if that changes anything.
  14. maxcomander

Finally after day's of troubleshooting turns out to be a memory problem, so strange that I didn't notice the effect until upgrading to win 10 looks like it's rma time.
    DeathByDenim likes this.