GW: Multiplanet systems?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Hakkonen, January 17, 2016.

1. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

Is there a setting, or a config file that I can edit, to increase the incidence of multiplanet systems in Galactic Warfare? The vast majority of battles have me and one AI, close together on a small planet, and last about five minutes. I'd like GW to feel a little more epic than that, please. o_O
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Absurd AI?
  3. Hakkonen

Hakkonen New Member

Tried it. The AI put up a better fight, but it was still just the two of us, spawning close together, on one small planet. It took me ten minutes to annihilate him rather than five, but it's still not what I'm looking for. Thanks anyway.
  4. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Sound like you're ready for multiplayer then.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The multiple planets don't appear until later on. They depend on the number of AI players. So if there are just you and one AI, you will only get single planet systems. As you progress in GW, you should get more enemy AIs. And from two enemy AIs and upward, you should have a 5 in 7 probability of getting systems with multiple planets. I'm basing this information on the file "<PA Install Dir>/media/ui/main/game/galactic_war/shared/js/systems/titans-normal.js", but I haven't actually tested it.
    (for PA: Classic is seem to be 4 in 7)

If you want, I can probably make an edited version of that file to give you multiple planets more often. Or if you know JavaScript yourself, you can just mess around with it.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The lowest difficulty uses simplified system templates, but even absurd doesn't really get past a reduced eco mod. Oddly enough I started putting together a set of higher difficulty levels this morning. System templates could probably do with a revision as well.
    DeathByDenim likes this.