AI skirmish not working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Matster, January 10, 2016.

1. Matster

Matster Active Member

After some time I wanted to play AI skirmish in Titans on Linux but all I get is failed to start game - returning to main menu. The same is valid for Galactic War. Never had that issue before. Multiplayer though works like a charm. Very weird.

Will try reinstalling.
    Last edited: January 10, 2016
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Sounds like the server executable is crashing. If you set your local server to off, you'll be able to play AI skirmish and Galactic War just fine.

Anyway, I assume you want to keep the ability to play off-line, so if the server still keeps crashing after the reinstall (with local server on), then take a look at the server logs in "~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation".
  3. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

4. DeathByDenim

5. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

6. Matster

Matster Active Member

Ok, I pulled the Linux files down and started the game and everything works now. Its only annoying Titans doesn't work in singleplayer if you don't login to multiplayer. It only gives you PA as an option to play.
  7. DeathByDenim

That's odd. You only need to have logged in once for Titan's to become activated. After that it should work off-line. At least, that's how it works for me. Can you check Settings -> Gameplay -> Active Product? If that setting it there, you should be able to set it to Titans.

Otherwise, try renaming ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation to something else to clear all config files. Then log in once to get Titans, and then close PA and restart it without logging in. Does Titans still disappear?
  8. Matster

Matster Active Member

Sorry, I misswrote. Yes the game activates in Titans after I connect online but was wondering if its possible to get game files for Titans working without the need to go activate Titans online. Im thinking about later when Uber drops support for the game and won't offer online activation anymore. Kind of strange that there isn't already activated Titan's download offered in the download section.
  9. DeathByDenim

Ah, that is a good point. I hadn't thought of that, but you are right. That could be a problem.
    I guess one needs to back up the game files as well as the configuration directory for that.