[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Sorry for taking a while to reply.

Yeah feel free to make use of the Grey Wizard model. Just the usual applies, in regards to crediting the work and all that.
    Just keep in mind though that the textures on it are slightly different to what you would find on a vanilla unit.

@Ksgrip Yes it is likely that the faction will have a support com.

@Bbrink1996 Once we are happy with the state of the mod (most of the art content being done and balance being in a good place) we will definitely be releasing to pamm.
    I am not 100% sure about this, but we will probably be releasing two editions of the mod. One that is seperated into a client and server mod to allow for quicker load times in multiplayer games (although everyone will have to enable the client mod from pamm. And a pure server version where the other players do not need to download from pamm (This will only be for people with good net connection though as the mod in its current state is roughly 130mb in size).
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

What is currently left to do?

That bot titan looks absolutely legit. How does it compare to the vanilla titans?
  3. Nicb1

Glad you like the titan :)

Its still very early wip implementation wise. It has three types of weapons, the missile pods on its shoulders, a very powerful aoe heavy gun (slow firing) and a less powerful but still strong modarate to fast fire rate auto cannon style gun. Can't really give you a direct comparison to the vanilla titans as we are still working out the specifics of how it is going to function in the end. It will likely outrange the Atlas though whilst not being able to do the massive 360 degree aoe that the atlas is capable of.

In regards to what still has to be done, still pretty much what I posted on page 15. Recently we've gotten the Vehicle Cfab ingame, T1 Air fab, T2 Vehicle Fab and some more icons done. The scout bot model is done but not ingame (Yes we swapped around the scout and cfab). Working on three models currently, the T2 Air Fab, T2 ??? Walker and Hover Titan.

Here is a screenshot of the T2 Vehicle Fabricator.
    [​IMG]
    doud, stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

that looks like a lot of ouch!
  5. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

6. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Let's get this done pa needs sum awesome!
  7. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

so, will Legions only have comm due to way Uber made the original PA and titans, or will you just replace more commanders with legion ones?
  8. Nicb1

Don't understand the whole question, but so far we have only replaced the delta and aeson with our own custom coms. Delta is replaced with Overwatch com and Aeson is replaced with Rockteeth (unless Kiwi changed the name of it since thats his com). But yeah we are stuck with having to replace free Uber coms. We may have a potential third com, but not 100% sure yet. The third model is done, but just depends on whether we decide to use it.
  9. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Don't replace delta..rallus is the next worst looking or the theta..I always liked delta the best out of the free coms and he's also iconic to the pa game..
  10. Nicb1

The only reason I thought to replace this com is due to the invictus existing (may have gottent the names mixed up). Both are basically the same coms, just one has shoulder flaps and the other doesn't. This could change though. I wanted to replace the rallus, but @KillerKiwiJuice told me not to since it's used by a lot of the competitive players like elodea (Don't quote me on this, it may have been someone else who told me this). This decision may change though in the future.
    Last edited: December 28, 2015
  11. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

legion team, just to say it again.... REALLY GREAT WORK !!!!!!
    *taking my cap down and giving u all my respect*
    :-3
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

Would you consider introducing metal fabricators? that would be a pretty damm good adition to diferenciate the faction. Maybe making t2 less effective at producing (the extractor) and making metal frabricators an important income factor. What do you think?

edit i have just noticed that the patrol auto assist functionality doesn´t work on you fabbers???
    Last edited: December 28, 2015
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Queller will be updated with Legion support. I'm waiting for it to be in a more complete state, though there's some very initial support setup in one branch.
  14. stuart98

Why is this thread still in OPA instead of Titans?
    tunsel11 likes this.
  15. Nicb1

Done.
    You can thank @wpmarshall .
  16. Nicb1

Ok double post :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kiwi did the com icons. Top is Overwatch, second is Rockteeth.

EDIT:
    Lathe FX have been updated too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: December 31, 2015
  17. walmartdialup

walmartdialup Active Member

Those icons look nice. I like how they have the same sort of art direction with respect to vanilla. The little details like these help close the gap between modded gameplay and vanilla. With time, I will not be able to distinguish any difference and this mod will seem natural to the game.

Its awesome to hear that queller will be updated with legion support too.

You should double post more often :D
    cdrkf, Nicb1 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

don´t dare to touch my theta mate ! or centurion ... or aeson ...
  19. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Touching the wrong stuff
  20. stuart98

What say you guys to the prospect of a submarine fabber or combat fabber?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.