Long time, no update. Is development still ongoing?

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Aryzing, December 21, 2015.

1. Aryzing

Aryzing Member

Hi, is this game still being developed? There are a few issues that still need some work. Will we receive any Christmas updates?

Thanks!
    Remy561, warrenkc, felipec and 3 others like this.
  2. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Not likely.

While I always hope we get more, I just can't see it being financially feasible for them.

I suspect once we get the documentary (whenever that comes) it'll be maintenance mode from there on.
  3. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Last time development "stopped", we ended up with PA Titans...

Might turn out similar this time, full shut down of communication, seemingly ignoring all remaining issues, and finally releasing the next DLC as another stand alone game.

Since that strategy worked so well the last time, and because it's such a good idea to split the community once again.
    Planktum and ace63 like this.
  4. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Last time they also had more coders that they have since laid off. I don't see there being enough people left to pull off a major project anymore.
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I'd wager Uber's refocused their energy on whatever comes next since PA has clearly finished development and the community (and income) is winding down. They let Sorian go and Jables even said he's been focused elsewhere in his last few posts.
    cdrkf likes this.
  6. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Sorian was "let go" in the sense he was transferred from Uber over to the VR group "Envelop VR" co-founded by Bob Berry and Jon Mavor. Looks like Envelop got 4 million in venture capital back in October so its seems like they're doing okay over there at least.

But ya, at this point I would expect relatively minimal updates for PA, maybe 1-2 more patches and either a shift to a new game (would be interesting to see which genre they aim for this time), or a shift of Uber over to whatever Envelop (a brief look suggests it is enterprise geared productivity VR software) is doing as it gets off the ground.
  7. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Doubt we'll see another rts for a long time at least one like sup com, ta, and pa...Now all we can hope for is the modders come up with some epic stuff or Chris Taylor blows us away with ta2...
    warrenkc and cptconundrum like this.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

We still not have seen anything coming from Wargamming. They have acquired the rights for TA, and not so long ago Chris Taylor had provided some hope. Unfortunately, Nothing had been announced. What makes me feel sad is that TA source code has not been released, while Neutrino would have done so if Uber had succeeded in acquiring the rights. That's a lot unfortunate. Hopefully Wargamming will finally came in with a new RTS inspired from TA.
    Even looking at Act of Agression, it's some kind of failure.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  9. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Well ct has hinted at ta2 development...with war gaming funds the possibilities are endless but the problem with this genre is it does not generate as much profit as publishers want..it would be amazing if ct comes up with the next step in the evolution of rts gaming..
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  10. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

For pa I think new content will stop for a while but bugfixing won't. They'll just let it sit in the market and see how it responds. See how it responds in the steam sales and how the playerbase handles. For now its bringing in some money (I hope) which is always good plus the community is adding new content continiously.
    doud likes this.
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Yes the possibilities are enless but it's a tough task. I guess the vast majority of RTS fans are much more focused on having a new C&C like RTS while a few of us would like TA gameplay to be revisited.

The things i can think of to make it a success :

- a modern warfare / SciFi RTS combination
    - Two radically different gameplays : the C&C way and the TA/Supcom way. (Yes it's nearly like building two different games, but if efforts must be combined to make the game a success, why not ?).
  12. amphok

amphok Member

the perfect game could be an union between a c&c and ta style, where you have a fast paced ta that also evolve in a epic long range scale battle with teching
  13. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Id like to see another Battlezone styled FPS RTS.
    I didn't mind having pilot control of any ship i built and leading my army into battle guns a blaze.
  14. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

I like this idea.
    This could be a nice way have different races with different play styles and have people who like the difference styles play against each other, if the balance it good.
  15. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I totally agree I miss having separate factions like sup com it really added to the gameplay and created millions of strategies in sup com...I honestly played that game longer than any other rts bc every multiplayer game was different for years upon years with the factions and units...this is where pa suffers heavily upon not having good maps, factions, multi transports, commander abilities and in general cool units like sup com had..
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Bugfixing has stopped for nearly 3 months now Alpha. PA isn't getting any more updates.
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Personally love the scale of TA games, and the atmosphere of CNC games.

Id love a game that took the AI/player on the same team concept a little further, could be interesting to have the AI manage the war in your stead when you leave it alone so you can focus on what you feel you need to do.

Mass scale control UI that allow you to automate full battlefield operations, like telling a world to focus on economy and letting the AI manage the construction of fabbers and resource generators without totally losing focus of things like raider defence and response teams.

A mix of 4x with rts gameplay like Sins of Solar empire with more AI delegation and management would be awesome.

(I'm still waiting on the sim city PA mod too.)
  18. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I really hope we will get some server bugfix or performance increase, didnt Jables state some time ago, they where working on the servers?
  19. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Theres a new one in early access right now, there will be more.

GoogleFrog likes this.
  20. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

right now there are lots of new rts games. But they aren't doing any better than titans in terms of players right now. Unless your count world at war, but that doesn't seem to have base building.