[REL] Galactic War Loadouts

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, May 28, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Updated to v1.4. Changes:
    • New loadout: Master of Decks. No technology unlocked in the beginning, but 10 empty deck slots to fill
    • New loadout: Molasses Commander. Laden with tech upgrades this commander is as slow as treacle, but has access to tier 2 structures and has a high-power and high-range nano-lathe to compensate
    • More descriptive icons for the borked and buffed loadouts. The air loadouts have a hummingbird icon, bots have a dox icon, it's all very exciting

@totalannihilation
    I finally implemented your idea, only half a year after you suggested it :p

@bsergent
    The Molasses commander is the closest I felt I could get to a comm yard style mod in galactic war, without breaking the ai.

@topace6
    Sorry I didn't reply at the time. I don't plan on implementing your suggestion, but you should be able to create it yourself. The Molasses commander has an example of modding the commander to be able to build tier 2 structures, and the rest of the things you want are typical buffs

@bsergent
    An RPG mode wouldn't be hard to create (well, it can be as complex as you want it to be), the big issue is time. It would be a massive time sink for a modder to create. The cards get distilled down into a list of changes that get pushed to the server. So for implementation, you could throw the entire GW system out and create your own, or try and use the card system as the backend. Either way, you can make the meta-game as RPG-like as you like. Now that we can do proper CSG editing, I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing we see is some sort of traditional campaign.
  2. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

I cannot thank you enough. I adore both new loadouts. I'll be play testing Molasses in about 10 minutes :)

My thoughts after a few rounds of play.

Suggestion/request: Could you make a version that doesn't have all the technology unlocked but rather only what tech the cards have supplied?

I also think it needs its build speed buffed a fair bit more. Perhaps twice it's current value? And maybe add some storage capacity? (Both these assuming you make that card tech unlock change.)

Please make sure to leave unit cannon unlocked :)

Having everything makes all the technology unlock cards you find worthless.

P.S. You should make a donation link of some kind somewhere and point me to it. (bitcoin preferably)
    Last edited: December 19, 2014
  3. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Further comments:
    This loadout is so much fun. It's not a cheat in my hands, I think I just suck, the networking commander loadout is way more tough. I bascially just run up to the enemy commanders and shoot them to death like a one man zerg rush :p

The full tech loadout takes around 15 minutes to kill the AI at best and I often "die" from crashes hehe, so it;s not so much of a cheat after all :)
  4. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Master of decks seems to have an error (at least in my configuration.)

After you finish a match and hit explore you don't have access to all your cards and slots unless you delete a tech.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    trialq likes this.
  5. trialq

Thanks, I'll see if I can reproduce it tomorrow.
    bsergent likes this.
  6. trialq

@bsergent

v1.4.1:
    • Fixed master of decks limit error
    • Master of decks starts with 10 slots now, not 11
    Mooninaut and bsergent like this.
  7. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Man, I've been trying to modify your mod to create a custom loadout for myself and I've hit a wall. You feel like taking a look at my changes and see where my newbness broke things? If so, I can paste js bin links here or in PM.

Thanks for your time :)
  8. trialq

@bsergent
    Sure. I might not get back to you in real time, but I'll look and try to help.
  9. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

10. Zyphin

Zyphin New Member

I'm sorry if this question was already answered in the thread but I can't seem to find it if it was. I'm having a problem with the buffed loadouts only being able to build construction units. The vehicle loadout is the only one that doesn't have this issue. Bot and air can't create combat units at all. I've had this problem happen on two different PCs now. Any clues as to how I can fix this?
  11. benc85

benc85 New Member

I had a similar idea to bsergents idea, where the mod reads the first archived GW record, and loads that commander and its recorded deck as a new commander for another GW. So each time you complete a GW, you can carry it over to a new one.

I've had a quick look at the files in your mod, but I have no clue where to even start, and my knowledge of JS is non-existent. wondible tells me that its POSSIBLE to do it but its well beyond what I'm capable of. Might make a nice addition to your GW mod collection though :)

In any case, I'm still enjoying your mod. Well done sir!
  12. hellwroughtangel

hellwroughtangel New Member

I am pretty sure the new patch made this mod not work anymore. :(
  13. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

This doesn't work for me.
  14. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Merry xmas.

I'm trying to get my loadout mod to work with titans as well. Way rusty. Not sure how to begin.

When I launch galactic war the entire loadout selection panel is blank not sure how to begin to trouble shoot that.

Same is true of your mod.

If we can figure out the problem, both mods can be revived with the same edit it seems.
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General