So I used to have performance problems

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Gorbles, December 16, 2015.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

But not of the usual kind!

Ingame was nice and steady, I could tweak settings to handle thousands of units, and so on.

But man, loading times. System / planet generation. The System Editor used to burn my PC to a crisp; viewing it by Task Manager showed my 8GB of RAM full within seconds.

But then I got 16GB.

Hoboy.

To everyone who does and used to complain about performance (though I doubt there are any of you left): spring for more RAM. I got 16GB of 1866MHz for £60. Easily the best upgrade I've done in the past two years.

This message was not sponsored by Amazon or Kingston HyperX Fury SHINY RED RAM STICKS LTD. No sir. I just wanted to make a thread since I booted up TITANS last night.
    warrenkc, xankar, stuart98 and 4 others like this.
  2. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Don't think another stick'll fit in my PC :(
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Download some more, bro
    wilhelmvx, devoh, bengeocth and 8 others like this.
  4. n00n

n00n Active Member

Yeah. There's a good reason why the recommended system requirements lists 12GB.

So just replace them.
    warrenkc and stuart98 like this.
  5. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Originally it recommended 8GB! TITANS is a whole new ball game, but I had loading struggles back in vanilla, too :)
  6. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any loading time differences going from 8 - 16gb

You using ssds?
  7. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Does using ssds make a huge difference? I just noticed the only thing on my ssd is the os and all of my games are on 1terrabyte regular hdds but if putting it on the ssd makes a night and day difference then I will shift it over!
  8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

SSD only make difference there if you going to store paging file on it which is generally not recommended. If you only have 8GB and have many programs running in the background then PA will usually cause paging which is of course faster with SSD.