[WIP][Server] Imperial Legion (Faction)

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by Nicb1, June 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

open beta testing for the forum users or only selected users ? ^^
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Definitely open testing
  3. crazyivan97

crazyivan97 New Member

So basically we will need to manually install it?
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The directory that you install it to is in PAMM's settings page. Unzip the mod folder into there once they put it up, then reload PAMM and it should show up.
  5. lordzoldukus

lordzoldukus New Member

Could I help with beta testing? Maybe some balancing work or play-testing of that nature?
  6. stuart98

Once they release the beta to test you can help with testing like everyone else.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

When it is ready for a proper public release we will upload to pamm. In the mean time manual install is the only way to go if you are desperate. Even though the github is public I'd suggest against playing the mod at this point, unless you really really want to.

Edit:
    We justwant to get some really basic balance going, then we'll look into public feedback involved for the beta release.
    proinegoproxy likes this.
  8. stuart98

When I played a few days ago it sure seemed like lance bots were op as heck. Has this been changed?
  9. killerkiwijuice

probably not lol

we're just satrting to do some balance
    stuart98, proinegoproxy, doud and 2 others like this.
  10. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

*the mob is screaming*
    "give us the downloadlink !!!!!!"
    seriusly, looking every day, whats wrong with me ? XDDD
  11. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Assuming I can get a decent enough balance put together in time, we can fit in some testing games during the weekend. (Don't get your hopes up though, like seriously, don't). But I will try my best to get a rough balance done in a timely manner; especially since I need real info and feedback on balance as the AI can only do so much for you.
    proinegoproxy, doud and Nicb1 like this.
  12. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

@xankar
    A stream showing the balancing would be cool unless it would be too distracting or reveal too many secrets.
  13. Crembels

Crembels Member

It is our intention (at least as far as ive discussed it with @nicb1) that when we officially release the mod for general public consumption (beta testing or otherwise) we will be hosting a collective stream of the whole thing.

Play a few games, field questions, make notes on what needs changing that we come across, etc etc. Almost but not quite a live development session.
    proinegoproxy, stuart98, doud and 3 others like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

.... ... ... can we have some videos pl0x? .... because that looks quite yummy!

no seriously guys you deserve quite the props for that stuff ....
    proinegoproxy, stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  16. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

We'll see about getting some videos out soon. Would love to do some stuff from my end at some point, but unfortunately typical aussie internet prevents me from doing so.

And just a bit of new in regards to what needs to be done still.
    Kiwi just finished about 52 unit icons over the last day and a bit o.0 (These are the icons you see when you selelct a unit not the icons you see when you zoom out, crembels is in charge of the zoom out stuff)
    Balance still has quite a bit to go as we really only seriously started that recently.
    Most of the ingame stuff is textured now (There is a unit here and there that is blank, but that shouldn't take too long to remedy).
    FX still has a bit to go, but some things like the T1 bomber fx are looking pretty good. (Thank Alpha and Kiwi for the FX work).
    On the model side of things we are getting there as well. Work on models sometimes slows down due to lack of inspiration. I can go a week without doing a model then suddenly on one day get 2 or 3 done if lucky.

Anyway the below spoiler tag contains a list of the models that still need to be done. It is still subject to change, this is just a rough list for me to remember.
    t2 aa tower (thatll probs be my next)
    t2 naval foundry
    t2 air foundry
    orbital battleship
    orbital long range platform (or ship)
    T2 naval sub
    T2 hover ship
    (T2 air needs to be filled out more)
    T1 air something to replace that solar craft)
    3 titans (Each titan is a lot of work and takes a while to get done)
    Ragnorok Equivalent (Unique model will come close to last)
    T2 Swarm tank
    T2 naval stingray equivalent
    All fabbers excluding the T1 vehicle which is done (Currently we are using ModX placeholders)
    Halley (This will likely be one of the last models)
    Catalyst (May not be redesigned, if it is it will be absolute last)
    cdrkf, doud, proinegoproxy and 2 others like this.
  17. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Legion creators will you be giving commanders abilities and making them a bit stronger later in the game? Also will you be adding t1 mobile artillery and a long range artillery bot? There are so many cool units that can be added to this game..hopefully each side will be very different similar to sup com fa.
    Last edited: December 15, 2015
  18. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Mostly depends on what is borderline op. For example: as much as I liked the idea of having a T1 mobile artillery, vanilla units just don't have any means to counter. Thus... T2 exclusive. There is a T1 sniper bot, but what the unit does and its role (the role being a long range attack unit) are extremely likely to change as I get more info on how things play out. Maybe I'll swap some units here and there in the legion mod (because I want a T1 mobile artillery too :p). But, the biggest issue is that, unlike the people balancing supcom, I don't have much leeway in terms of balance because I am not at liberty to change vanilla balance. (This is a faction mod, not a rebalance mod like stuart's mods). Regardless, many of the units in the game are very different compared to what vanilla has to offer and will probably become much more different from here on as I work out the balance.

As for commander abilities, if Nicb1 wants them and they aren't gameplay destructive then maybe; really depends on Nicb1 and his plans for the mod. Honestly, the biggest problem I see with commander abilities is that it will remove any reason for someone to choose vanilla over the legion faction. My goal with the legion faction balance is such that both the vanilla and legion factions have clear advantages and disadvantages that suit different styles of play and not to make one a "better pick" than the other; much like how it is in supcom.
    Last edited: December 15, 2015
    Nicb1, Alpha2546, cdrkf and 3 others like this.
  19. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

the best thing for me is, i got the mod.... but there is no way i can enable it :DDDDDDDDDD
    every game is spawn nothing changed :D thats freaking me out -_-
    i can do whatever i want, i hate my software stupidness
  20. stuart98

You need to select the Aeson commander.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.