Roadmap, please!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by radongog, December 3, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well that's the trouble- this game is already great imo, but also still has *huge scope* for more. Uber could keep developing and adding stuff to PA for a decade if they decided to tackle all possibilities, there's no shortage of ideas.

The problem comes down to money though, evidentially PA isn't selling very well any more so they don't have the money coming in to fund further development atm. You never know, maybe in another 10 years time or so Uber (or likely somebody else) might pick up the flame and develop PA 2 or something along those lines.
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

What the hell is wrong with you?! :eek:
    I´m just asking to get to see the plan. Nobody around in this thread blames Uber for anything done in the recent past; nobody is complaining about beeing ripped off or so!

My point @jables and co: If you need additional funding, tell us! It´s not like there would be no ways to grant you some cash for continuing your work -> StarCitizenSubscribtions as an example! Why not let some folks gift you XY$ each year...
    If you are working on some big surprise, tell us something cryptic, but let us know that there is something to come! :D
    If you are going to focus on other projects and want to return after you´ve finished these, tell us as well! That´s nothing to be ashamed of; look at what HiResStudios (Tribes Ascent) did, they had to look elsewhere to get the needed fundings to continue development of their core title...

But just end the silence! :(
    tunsel11, stuart98, devoh and 2 others like this.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I want to see another kickstarter for more PA!! maybe something like "PA2: Titan's Revenge".. I don't care about the haters.. This game has SOOOO much untapped potential. Please Uber give us a chance to help keep this rad game moving forward.
    tatsujb, badfucatus, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Still as cynical as ever! <3

Fired =! Laid off.
    Remy561, Nicb1, devoh and 1 other person like this.
  5. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Not because we've no news for a while, not because Sorian has switched to another Uber company means PA is over. 1) PA is definitly part of Uber tech show room
    2) Neutrino has always stated PA is a never ending project. Never ending does not mean it can't be on hold for months.
    3) When Uber started PA kickstarter project they were nearly about to close the studio because they did not have some cash. I would be worrying if Uber had not other project to make money, which is not the case. PA will never be a cash money. PA is for the fans. And with Titans, Uber proved that in case they can afford to put money in the game, they do it. Now if we want to have new additions to PA, then Uber needs to make money. PA is tipically this kind if game that will take advantage of Uber ability to make money with other projects which bring more cash.

And if this does not happen, well, i personally got rewarded more than i have ever been rewarded with any other RTS.
  6. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

Lack of info is the main problem right now. Maybe PA won't receive any updates for a while - and it's fine. But Uber made bad decisions in the past - maybe they did one more? Maybe Uber does not exist anymore? Maybe game is not finished, but dead - and servers will be shut down next morning?

It's like when it's dark, and brain make you think of scary monsters.

But probably the lack of info is just one more ba.. questionable decision by Uber. And everything will be fine.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

he´s perfect dark what do you expect ...
    stuart98 and Nicb1 like this.
  8. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Will we ever see a mod that adds tons of strategies to the game? Will we see planets with terrain that affects gameplay? Commanders with cool abilities that add strategy? Stealth? Shields? Underwater bases? Why do these amazing ta,supcom,pa rts games always crash before their full potential is released...?
    lordathon likes this.
  9. cdrkf

You been following imperial legion?

New units, check. Shields (!) Check... As for terrain look at the map packs on pamm. Lots of clever maps on there...
    badfucatus, Nicb1 and Gorbles like this.
  10. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Yes I've seen imperial but seems to be far off still and not sure of all the units that will be in it. Which Map pack in particular? No one is ever hosting Any map packs and when I do host no one joins lol
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Stealth is impossible sadly.
    What sort of cool abilities?

I used to be able to have underwater bases, but Titans seems to have broken pathing for underwater factories.
  12. cdrkf

Heh this is a problem for all rts. Spring has some amazing maps... Everyone plays bloody dsd (maybe 1 bout on nuclear winter, which is dsd with snow, then back again). Sup com has setons. For PA its pax prime.

I honestly can't think of name of the map pack (just have them installed and pick from them). You maybe should get into realm team speak though. You can organise some more specific games there and when I've played most games are on custom maps like from @Alpha2546's map pack. His maps are all well thought out with choke points and metal clusters to fight over.

As for imperial legion, it's hard to say how it will play yet, but the plan is to balance it vs vanilla (both sides Will be available in same game too I believe) and they've changed allot of unit roles (for example imperial version of inferno is a 'shock' tank, like a mini atlas- less damage than inferno but has aoe so a good cluster buster).

Also @stuart98's galactic annihilation adds more units than I can count. If anything I found it a bit overwhelming but certainly some novel ideas in there. Then there's mod X (has that been updated for titans?)...
    Nicb1 and Alpha2546 like this.
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Well cool abilities that make the com more viable later in the game. Also might be nice if the com walk speed was a bit more. Recently played sup com and the com seems to be bit faster more agile vs pa slow turtle. Maybe get him shields, regen, more firepower, faster build speeds, tons of possibilities etc...
  14. elkanfirst

elkanfirst Active Member

What if the Commander could upgrade to a Titan, or if Titans could (or need to) load a Commander in order to work or acquire more capabilities?

So your Commander would be useful later in a game, but you also would risk to bring it into battle.
  15. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

16. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

We need better forum software so the stupid suggestions don't derail every conversation that gets started. Something with ratings, analogous to Reddit.