Roadmap, please!

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by radongog, December 3, 2015.

1. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

To stress what @FSN1977 said:
    Give us a timeline/ roadmap/ just something that grants us knowledge about the future of Planetary Annihilation: Titans. Even if you tell us that EVERYTHING will be here SOON ™ I´d appreciate that form of communication! :confused::D
    Remy561, ace63, huangth and 3 others like this.
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

4. stawos

stawos Member

Since most of the major issues with the game have been fixed now and most people are pretty happy with the gameplay, can we get some more UI improvements? I've brought it up before and it just wasn't a priority because of the other issues that needed to be addressed, which is why I'm bringing it up now. Can we get multi-monitor support and the ability to customize PiPs, #of, size and position? This improvement would be greatly appreciated as I know of people who are still playing the SupCom series and not PA because of the lack of being able to see all whats going on especially on multi-planet systems.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

It has been so silent on the forums :(
  6. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Much too quiet..
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

8. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Don't worry... they have your money now, and they kept enough people around to launch their little 'expansion' before they fired all of their staff.

You might as well go find a brick wall to talk to.

1. Denial and Isolation
    The first reaction to learning of terminal illness or death of a cherished loved one or online RTS is to deny the reality of the situation. It is a normal reaction to rationalize overwhelming emotions. It is a defense mechanism that buffers the immediate shock. We block out the words and hide from the facts. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain.

2. Anger
    As the masking effects of denial and isolation begin to wear, reality and its pain re-emerge. We are not ready. The intense emotion is deflected from our vulnerable core, redirected and expressed instead as anger. The anger may be aimed at inanimate objects, complete strangers, friends or family. Anger may be directed at our dying or deceased loved one. Rationally, we know the person is not to be blamed. Emotionally, however, we may resent the person for causing us pain or for leaving us. We feel guilty for being angry, and this makes us more angry.

Remember, grieving is a personal process that has no time limit, nor one “right” way to do it.

The doctor who diagnosed the illness and was unable to cure the disease might become a convenient target. Health professionals deal with death and dying every day. That does not make them immune to the suffering of their patients or to those who grieve for them.

Do not hesitate to ask your doctor to give you extra time or to explain just once more the details of your loved one’s illness. Arrange a special appointment or ask that he telephone you at the end of his day. Ask for clear answers to your questions regarding medical diagnosis and treatment. Understand the options available to you. Take your time.

3. Bargaining
    The normal reaction to feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control–

• If only we had sought medical attention sooner…
    • If only we got a second opinion from another doctor…
    • If only we had tried to be a better person toward them…
    Secretly, we may make a deal with God or our higher power in an attempt to postpone the inevitable. This is a weaker line of defense to protect us from the painful reality.

4. Depression
    Two types of depression are associated with mourning. The first one is a reaction to practical implications relating to the loss. Sadness and regret predominate this type of depression. We worry about the costs and burial. We worry that, in our grief, we have spent less time with others that depend on us. This phase may be eased by simple clarification and reassurance. We may need a bit of helpful cooperation and a few kind words. The second type of depression is more subtle and, in a sense, perhaps more private. It is our quiet preparation to separate and to bid our loved one farewell. Sometimes all we really need is a hug.

Do you suffer from complicated grief?
    Take the Grief Quiz now
    5. Acceptance
    Reaching this stage of mourning is a gift not afforded to everyone. Death may be sudden and unexpected or we may never see beyond our anger or denial. It is not necessarily a mark of bravery to resist the inevitable and to deny ourselves the opportunity to make our peace. This phase is marked by withdrawal and calm. This is not a period of happiness and must be distinguished from depression.

Loved ones that are terminally ill or aging appear to go through a final period of withdrawal. This is by no means a suggestion that they are aware of their own impending death or such, only that physical decline may be sufficient to produce a similar response. Their behavior implies that it is natural to reach a stage at which social interaction is limited. The dignity and grace shown by our dying loved ones may well be their last gift to us.

Coping with loss is a ultimately a deeply personal and singular experience — nobody can help you go through it more easily or understand all the emotions that you’re going through. But others can be there for you and help comfort you through this process. The best thing you can do is to allow yourself to feel the grief as it comes over you. Resisting it only will prolong the natural process of healing.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@perfectdark, what are you mourning exactly? Since when did a game become unplayable the minute it was finished?

I started gaming in the early 90s, pre home internet connections. The game you got on a disc (floppy at the time) was it. You never saw an update, yet I enjoyed many great games all the same. So PA is finished in its development, and? Can you still play it? Yes. Are there still games available in multi player lobbies? Yes. So from my perspective it isn't 'dead'.
    MrTBSC, Remy561, cptconundrum and 2 others like this.
  10. huangth

huangth Active Member

perfectdark:
    1. I don't believe that the PA is finished. It must get some new updates later.
    2. Fxxx you Uber, get back and balance the game!
    3. Uber please, some little update is fine. Just a little update, please!
    4. No~~~~~ Uber abandons this game forever.
    5. All right, I just play this game with current patch.

cdrkf: PA never die, it just fade away.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

And for the many thousand hours of fun I got they well deserve it.
    MrTBSC, tatsujb, Gorbles and 10 others like this.
  12. mwreynolds

So if they still have your money why did they have to let staff go?

I think it's save to say you money has gone into to development of the game a long time ago, Uber don't still have it.
  13. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

One question I have is should we still submit bug reports? There is no point in wasting time if they will never be worked.. I just don't like not knowing if there will be any more active development/bug fixing or not.
  14. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Well get used to not knowing Devoh, because Uber considers no news to be better than bad news, so they won't be telling you anything if its negative.
  15. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Note that the timeline doesn't include Titans, so it's not the final word.

There was some evidence that they had started new development in last unplanned patch. But there has long been evidence that they started:

- formation commands
    - auto energy mode
    - regeneration would have been better named degeneration the way it's currently used
    - mass teleport unit command
    - orbital carrier
    - paratrooper
    - lava tank

All of which were removed, only have fragmentary evidence, or are not used in vanilla units. So it's still Kremlinology for us.
  16. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

As far as I remember they stated on Kickstarter that game will have multi-monitor support. And it's not here. So game still unfinished.
    ace63 likes this.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's in the FAQ, it says: "The plan is to support multiple windows across as many monitors as you want."
    As in: we would really like to do this, but we just started developing the game so we don't really know how to do this yet, so please don't take this as a promise. As least, that's how I interpret that phrase. :)

That's the only place my search engine mentioned multi-monitor support in the updates Uber placed on their Kickstarter page.
  18. mwreynolds

This is why Uber don't tell us anything anymore, since any plan is taken as a promise.
    And sometimes things don't work out as planned.
    huangth and MrTBSC like this.
  19. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I really enjoyed PA and the Titan expansion, but I feel like the writing is on the wall. Lobbies take forever to fill in eastern standard time zone (7pm to 10pm).

Onward and upward I guess, any exciting new RTS games for 2016?
  20. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I hope Titans isnt 'finished'.

There is sooo much Uber can do with this game? Black Holes. Worm Holes, More titans, More Commanders, new units. New Biomes. Upgraded graphics/Ai/Engine.

And how about integrated the Mod Manager? Uber has soo much it can still do with this game ._.
    huangth, devoh and cdrkf like this.