New Balance Mod

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by slocke, November 15, 2015.

1. sardaukar666

sardaukar666 Well-Known Member

or we could just leave it as is, gotta have at least 1 under powered unit in game to troll people with
    slocke likes this.
  2. sardaukar666

#returnofthewigglydox?
    slocke likes this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Placement size.
  4. slocke

slocke Active Member

ljfed and dom314 like this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

jigs are meant to be risk reward .. otherwise just take the nuke effect away ..
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

I think the death explosion doesn't gain any risk to the jigs.
    Player can simply drag the jig by the default pattern, and the space between the jig will be fine.

But I still highly suggest to remove the death explosion of jig.
    The death explosion can kill tones of the avengers.
    Thus, once the jig is built, other players are much harder to clear them without Artemis.
    You can't just use the 'A' key to command the avengers and hope them to sweep entire gas giant.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. slocke

slocke Active Member

The problem I have been seeing lately with the gas planets is avenger spamming. It slows down sim, makes invading no fun at all. To encourage use of different units possibly looking at lowering the metal cost of the Artemis and the Omega and make both of those units more specialized in their given role. This in conjunction with raising the metal cost of the avenger.

The Artemis given a considerably longer range so that it can siege jigs from a safe distance. The Omega to be an anti-avenger but slow. That way you drop down your Artemis outside of a jig field and have an Omega protecting them. When avengers start to swarm you have your Omega crushing the avengers and the Artemis taking out jigs.

Jigs themselves are going to be striped of their energy production and storage. Solar arrays given a buff to compensate with this. I have not made the choice of removing the death weapon on jigs yet.

Possibly buffing the anchor's anti-orbital weapon to be better against avengers so that they provide better protection against avenger drops.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  8. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

All I see is just Stuart and Slocke arguing about who's mod will I not download the most and Elite chipping in now and then to keep the fire going.............vanilla is best flavour
  9. xankar

xankar Post Master General

At least until you've overindulged. Then you start looking for some variety.
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. sardaukar666

here is an idea, remove gas giants, they are broken
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The idea of this mod is a balance pass on vanilla though, rather than a different game... I find some players aversion to mods a bit odd coming from earlier games in the genre who only still exist at all thanks to mods.

Each to their own I guess but I'll be trying this balance out. If it's good next step would be host a tourney using it.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

have to agree with @cdrkf

this mod may rather respect vanilla with its corecontent .. it doesn't seem to want to drasticaly change it but improve it .. and frankly a number of areas need tweaking and this includes orbital as well owom too added to vanila than changing it legion is going to add to it aswell ...

don't play with gas giants then .. problem solved .. if there are gas giants in ranked this mod or any won't make them disappear ..
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

So here is some suggestions:

There is a mod "War turtle" that massively increases turret's damage and range. And I like idea of making defences more useful, so players need to make a big army to destroy someone. However, turrets need to have energy drain to make them not spammable.
    stuart98 likes this.