Is the game only not optimized for me?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Mick9330, December 6, 2015.

1. Mick9330

Mick9330 New Member

Hey guys, I recently tried to do a game on PA:Titans, but sadly the game tanked the whole time. It turned out it was taking up 6GB of RAM in the background(with coherent UI stuff included). Is that normal? It also took up a lot of my CPU power.

After huge amounts of time waiting, me and my friend got into the game. Sadly however I was de-synced from the game completely(I.E: The timer was going, but I couldn't see anything. It was like I was an observer, but with vision of no one).

I crashed a few times(I think), if logs are what ya' need. I think I have some, but for me the game seems incredibly un-optimized. If this is just on my part, please can someone explain to me how to fix this as PA:T is a good game, when it runs smoothly(sadly it's rarely run smoothly for me and my friends).

If you need system specs I can send those too, but I should have adequate equipment for this game.
    Last edited: December 6, 2015
  2. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Update graphics drivers? Make sure laptop is using dedicated GPU not integrated? Trying to play games with many ludicrously sized planets?

DxDiag would be useful!
  3. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

i´m playing with 32gb ram :-DD
    8-10 -1300radius- planets and the ram is full :mad:
  4. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

[​IMG]
  5. Mick9330

Mick9330 New Member

I have a dedicated graphics card. I only used 2 planets(Moons with 1300 radius) and the game tanked. It tanked in the menus, while setting up, and all the way through.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Are you surprised?
  7. killerkiwijuice

Well of course, that's considered a big system.
  8. Mick9330

Mick9330 New Member

I WAS able to play the PAX system just fine.
  9. killerkiwijuice

The pax system probably has 1/3 the surface area of a double radius 1300 planet system
  10. xankar

xankar Post Master General

You should really post your system specs here if you want some real help. Other than that, what you can do is check to see if you have the latest drivers for your gpu (check for beta drivers as well) and turn off any overlay style programs (i.e. raptor, AMD gaming evolved, msi afterburner, etc...). I've experienced some performance issues thanks to those things. You might also be having some memory leaking (don't know if that issue was already fixed though).

But yes, as Kiwi was saying, those two moons with 1300 radius are extremely intensive on your computer. Most people can't even play on one without their rig pooping out.
  11. Mick9330

Mick9330 New Member

Gotcha, but the fact that the menu tanks makes no sense, and why would it take up 4-6GB at the menu? What would you solely suggest with that?
  12. xankar

I have no idea what's going on there, never experienced that. If you haven't tried it yet give the "light menu" and "faster server browser" mod on pamm a shot, might help.
  13. Mick9330

Mick9330 New Member

Thanks, could ya' hand me them links?
  14. xankar

Yeah, give me a few minutes to get home
  15. xankar

Alright, here's the link to PAMM: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-mod-manager-pamm-cross-platform.59992/
    -Download that since it's the mod manager (has a bunch of really neat things other than the aforementioned mods)

Here are the links to the mods (forum links, you can much more easily download these mods from PAMM itself)
    *Faster Server Browser (as the title says): https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-client-lobby-live-game-faster-server-browser.63947/
    *Optimize User Tag Map (in general it improves your ui speed): https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-optimise-user-tag-map-mod-to-improve-startup.63917/
    *Decorative Panel Killer (another mod that helps with performance overall): https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-decorative-panel-killer-1-0-3-88288.66108/

*No Default System (A bit different from the others but I heavily suggest you get this mod. It makes it so you can choose your map initially instead of having to wait for the map that is randomly selected to load. Makes lobby making a lot quicker and more efficient): https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-no-default-system.68589/
    *Connect Buttons (another one that's different from the others but it is a handy tool that I would recommend in case of a disconnect. Not really used that often but it's nice to have a fail-safe): https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-connect-buttons-1-1-0-86422.65769/

Anyways, that's all I really got for you. You can check out PAMM and see if there's anything else that might be related. Also, there's a bunch of other nifty mods that might interest you on PAMM, I suggest you check them out.
  16. n3ur0o

n3ur0o New Member

hehe, not really surprised ^^
    i never tryed to play a serius game one 10 1300R planets :D i wanted to know when my hardware gets killed by the software XDDDD
    it would be very very cool to fight on many huge planets, for sure, but i dont want to manage all 100k units and all the stuff XDDDD
    killerkiwijuice likes this.